Gamepad won't reconnect to a paired bluetooth adapter UB500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-11 00:23:11
Tags: #Blutooth #gamepad
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

Recently I have bought the UB500 bluetooth 5.0 adapter and encountered a rather annoying bug - the gamepad I'm using is not able to reconnect to my PC.

I am able to use the controller properly only immediately after pairing it. When I turn it off and reconnect later, it will disconnect after couple of seconds. 

Steam doesn't even recognize it. So if I want to connect my gamepad again, I have to remove it and pair it again.

The gamepad is Switch Pro Controller and my PC's OS is Windows 10. I am aware that it's not plug n' play and I have to have Steam or BetterJoyForCemu running for it to work, so that's not the case.

I've found a steam community thread where a lot of people share a similar problem. Their "fix" is to just buy a 4.0 dongle, which is not my preferred option, as I'd like to avoid throwing away more money on something that might as well just not work.

I tried rebooting the PC, reinstalling drivers, resetting the gamepad, uninstalling the gamepad, changing usb ports and other generic troubleshooting.

I hope that there is any known fix for that, so thanks in advance!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Gamepad won't reconnect to a paired bluetooth adapter UB500
2022-09-14 02:20:57 - last edited 2022-09-14 02:24:08

Hello   @vanbear 

Thank you for reporting the case with us. 

• Its good to know you have installed the latest driver for UB500
  • Please make sure you have disabled the Power-save for the Bluetooth adapter and see if that 

Try having the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option disabled

Device manager > select Bluetooth adapter > Properties settings>  Power Management tab> Uncheck   "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box

Here is a pic for reference. 

Please check my PM and try another driver that may help

If still the same, can you share some information here to help us look into this further 

1> Model of the Controller, is it a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

2> Can you share a photo of the error message 

Do you need to unpair the Bluetooth device and repair it to fix it?  Does the Bluetooth adapter still detected by PC and show up in Device manager at that time? 

3> Please share a photo of the driver date and computer motherboard information 

Options
2022-09-26 10:37:20

@vanbear May I know were you able to solve the problem encountered after trying the above steps, feel free to let us know for any observations. 

Thank you,

Options
2022-09-26 11:10:51

@Solla-topee Sorry for the delay.

Yes, the drivers from the hyperlink you provided are the ones I've installed. The properties for UB500 manager do not have the Power Management card, so I'm not able to turn off the "save power" option.

1> Yes, it's Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

2> There is no error message, the controller just changes its state to "Connected" and goes back to "Paired" few seconds later. It's not detected by any software in the meantime.

Yes, I have to unpair the device and pair it again to use it, every time. I don't have to use any kind of repair functionality. The Bluetooth adapter is available and detected by PC and visible in Device manager all the time.

3>

I've been able to test this issue with Xbox One Wireless Controller. It works fine, it's able to reconnect, although it randomly disconnects and immediately reconnects during gameplay on its own. Approximately once per hour or two.

Options
2022-09-27 02:47:36 - last edited 2022-09-27 02:47:52

Hello   @vanbear 

Thank you for providing more case details, we created a support email TKID220508168 and get it escalated to the engineers.  Please check your inbox for support email. 

Feel free to let us know how it goes later. 

Options