extender in onemesh can't block clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 10:53:56 - last edited 2022-09-20 08:26:34

Why the extender in onemesh can not block clients? I can still block clients who are connected to the router but not those who are connected to the extender, the extender has to leave onemesh if I want to block those clients

Options
4 Reply
Re:extender in onemesh can't block clients
2022-09-13 08:25:32 - last edited 2022-09-13 08:25:48

Hello   @nyonyo 

You should be able to use Acess control feature/Blocking on the range extender no matter OneMesh is ON or OFF. 

How to set access control on my range extender (new logo)

How do I block users through Tether app?

Did you try to block the client of range extender in Tether APP or web page ?  Was there any error when you block client ? May I know the model of your TP-link extender & router?

Options
2022-09-15 03:09:11

@Solla-topee My router is Archer C80 and the Extender is RE200, Yes I'm trying to block clients through Tether, but on cloud not on location, as soon as I leave onemesh the option to block disappears, no matter tap or tap & hold, and one more thing, when I just leave or join onemesh I can not login to the RE200, I have to wait a while to be able to login to RE200

Options
2022-09-16 01:45:31

Hello @nyonyo 

Thanks a lot for the pictures. 

As checked with our engineers, when OneMesh is enabled, the access control feature will be disabled on the extender and all the network client devices will be managed from the router end.  Router takes control of the network devices when OneMesh is turned on, at this time, you should be able to use Block (access control) when login to router. 

Please check if that works for you. 

Options
2022-09-16 06:25:20

@Solla-topee Yes, as I explained in my first post, I am still able to block clients on the router but not anymore those who are connected to the extender as soon as it join onemesh, so the same client who gets blocked on the router can still get connected to the network via extender

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 4

Related Articles