Bug - AX53 (EU) on reboot 5ghz sometimes maxes out at 30-35mbps until another reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bug - AX53 (EU) on reboot 5ghz sometimes maxes out at 30-35mbps until another reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 23:27:26 - last edited 2022-09-19 23:28:30
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

My AX53 (eu model) with latest 1.1.1 firmware sometimes, on a power up or reboot, gets stuck at maximum of 30-35mbps on 5ghz wifi (80mhz, channel 52) - tested across multiple channel widths, channels and factory resets - both in AP and Router mode.  When this happens, wired ethernet still running at full speed (my ISP connection is around 530-560 down 30 up).  Usually a reboot fixes it, and it wont happen again until another reboot or power cycle at random.  When it doesnt happen, its rock steady full throughput over 5ghz.  When it does happen, it is stuck at the slow speed forever until a power cycle or reboot.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bug - AX53 (EU) on reboot 5ghz sometimes maxes out at 30-35mbps until another reboot
2022-09-20 10:00:39

@GRL 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Just to verify, you mentioned two reboots, can you please confirm which devices were you referring to?

1. "on a power up or reboot", do you mean the client devices like phones/laptops power up or reboot? Or do you mean the AX53?

2. "Usually a reboot fixes it, and it won't happen again until another reboot or power cycle at random." which devices do you refer to in this description? Archer AX53?

Are all devices that connect to the 5G network experiencing the same? Or only some specific devices? Is Smart Connect on or off on the AX53? Please check and confirm if the devices are connected to the 2.4G network instead of the 5G when starting up or reconnecting to the network. If that is the case, please try to disable the Smart Connect on the AX53, create different wireless network names for the 2.4G and 5G, then connect these devices only to the 5G network to monitor if the speed is normal when starting up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Bug - AX53 (EU) on reboot 5ghz sometimes maxes out at 30-35mbps until another reboot
2022-09-20 10:21:59

@Kevin_Z 

In all mentions of reboots I am referring to the AX53.  Not client devices.

2.4ghz is disabled on the router.

The problem with 5ghz happens in both router and AP modes on ALL client devices, with smart connect , onemesh disabled, and ofdma enabled/disabled-doesnt matter.

Problem persists after a factory reset with no config options changed or the device fully configured, doesn't matter it randomly gets stuck with slow 5ghz throughout

Options
2022-09-20 11:24:45

@GRL 

Can I know what are the devices that connect to the 5G network?

Do you enable the Reboot Schedule for the AX53? What if you disable it, will the issue persist?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-09-20 11:35:26

@Kevin_Z 

When it happens, I have disconnected all devices apart from my laptop that has an Intel ax160 WiFi card and latest drivers.

Same issue on a pixel 6 and an Xbox series s.  They are all stuck on 30ish Mbps when the problem happens.

When the problem occurs it is immediately on power up/reboot of the AX53 and persists until I reboot it again.  It doesn't happen all the time, maybe about 10% of reboots/powerups of the ax53

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 4

Related Articles