HP printer disconnects from router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 07:58:00
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20211118 rel.43110(4555)

Hello,

In reference to this thread i would ask for help as i have the same issue between my Archer C6 and wireless connected HP LaserJet M15w.

The printer loses the connection to the router very often. I cannot exactly say how frequent this happens because sometimes it keeps the connection for couple of days but usually it loses the connection every day or two. To get the printer connected again i have to reboot the router.

I've read already several articles and tried a lot of things to solve this problem but no luck so far. Currently I've gave the printer a fixed IP address outside of the routers DHCP range but as mentioned above the problem is still there.

In the thread above the solution was a firmware upgrade. For my router unfortunately there is no newer version of the firmware. 

Anyone able to help me to get this solved?

Many thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HP printer disconnects from router
2022-09-28 08:10:38

Hello @longersrc 

Are you saying you're experiencing exactly the same issue as Przybylkiewicz experienced in 2020? Is the HP LaserJet M15w printer still showing up in the router's client list and with a correct IP address, but you cannot find the printer when you tried to print?

What is the IP address of the printer at that moment? Are you able to ping it from any local computer?

If the HP LaserJet M15w printer completely disconnect from C6, then I guess you may report a different issue from Przybylkiewicz, and we would like to have more details to locate it. 

How about other devices that connect to the 2.4G network, are they also losing the connectivity at the same time? You can try to run a Wi-Fi analyzer on your phone or laptop to monitor the 2.4G network around you, then choose one with the least interference from others, you can also change the channel width to 20MHz, change the security to WPA2-PSK AES, then reboot the C6 to monitor the connectivity.

If there is no Onemesh extenders connecting to the C6, you can also try disabling Onemesh on its web interface page.

Options
2022-09-28 08:24:31

@Kevin_Z 

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Well from the thread of @Przybylkiewicz i could read that his printer was losing the connection to the router constantly. And i have the same problem.

Printer is not showing up in the routers client list but i'm able to ping the printers fixed IP address (but only after i had to reboot my router today in the morning, before i couldn't ping). But maybe it's a different problem.

As for the other devices no issues there. Only printer is having troubles and this started to happen when my router was changed to the Archer C6.

Tried already several Wifi channels. Every time the same result.

Channel width I've already set to 20MHz.

Security is WPA2-PSK AES.

No Onemesh.

Firmware is up to date both on printer and router.

Anything else i can try?

Options
2022-10-03 07:58:00

@Kevin_Z can i please ask for an update on this topic? Thanks

Options