Allow devices on guest network to communicate with devices on main network (router mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Allow devices on guest network to communicate with devices on main network (router mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 16:13:04 - last edited 2022-09-28 03:33:56
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20220823 Rel. 41353

Hi

I have a Deco M4R V2 mesh system setup in router mode. 

I have a whole lot of IOT devices like Shelly smart switches, sonoff switches, Xiaomi etc etc.

I read an article that said you should put your IOT devices on your guest network for an additional layer of security which is why i did it. 

For some reason now I cannot access the devices on the guest network remotely when i'm away from home. 

How do i resolve this? 

Do i need to a the devices to access the main netwok? Can i do that and how would i do that? 

when the shelly devices were on the main network I could ask Alexa to turn on certian devices however now it just says that it cannot find the devices. 

please can you help me?

Thanks Brett

Options
1 Reply
Re:Allow devices on guest network to communicate with devices on main network (router mode)
2022-09-28 03:33:38

@McAllstar 

Hi, you might consider changing Deco M4 into access point mode and it has the option to allow guest network devices to communicate with main network devices.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

So far, they are blocked by default on wireless router mode.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 1