WiFi router losing OneMesh connection with TP-LINK TL-WPA8631P KIT v3 powerline extenders.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi router losing OneMesh connection with TP-LINK TL-WPA8631P KIT v3 powerline extenders.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 22:05:26
Tags: #OneMesh #OneMesh Issue
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166

Hello everyone!

I have recently encountered the following issue. My home network consists of one Archer AX55 WiFi router and 4 additional  TP-LINK TL-WPA8631P KIT v3 power line extenders. However, after I properly set-up the OneMesh connection, between the router and the powerline extender, this set-up only lasts for two or three days. The powerline extenders seem to "vanish" and not even be available to connect via OneMesh with my router. I contact TP-LINK support, and they told me to check whether I have updated all devices and then to check whether the power-save mode is enabled on the power line extenders, which is not. Also, note that the connection and the distance are very good and the internet coverage and speed are as they suppose to be.  Has anybody encountered this issue? Because I have to enable the OneMesh connection every few days, from scratch. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:WiFi router losing OneMesh connection with TP-LINK TL-WPA8631P KIT v3 powerline extenders.
2022-09-29 01:47:19

Hello @Andronikos 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When you use The powerline extenders seem to "vanish", do you mean the powerline extenders disappeared from the Onemesh devices when checking on the AX55's web GUI?

How are the powerline extenders connected to the network, are all the 4 extenders paired with one TL-PA8010P adapter? Or there are 4 KITs and all the 4 KITs paired separately?

Options
Re:WiFi router losing OneMesh connection with TP-LINK TL-WPA8631P KIT v3 powerline extenders.
2022-09-29 10:32:22 - last edited 2022-09-29 10:42:04

@Andronikos 

Hello and thank you for your reply!

So, when I say they "vanish", I mean that the four powerline adopters are not on the list of Tether's OneMesh connected devices, (or even when checking on the AX55's web GUI).  I usually have to plug them in and out, each one of them separately, and then I can see them through the Tether Application as devices supporting OneMesh, ready to be connected via OneMesh with the WiFi router. 

About their structure: all 4 extenders are paired with one TL-PA8010P adapter, which is connected directly with the Archer AX55. 

Thank you in advance. 

Options
2022-09-29 11:31:04

@Andronikos 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-09-29 12:23:19

@Kevin_Z 

Hello again, Kevin!

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Options
2022-12-13 15:21:03

Was this ever resolved as I have the same issue. I have a number of RE devices 2 RE315 1 x RE205 in a mesh network from an AX90 with the TL-WPA8631P added in the mesh but every few days it goes offline and I cannot see it in the Advanced menu in the AX90 GUI Web Interface. I have to power it off and once it's gone through it's POST and booted up I have to re-add it via the advanced menu as it broadcasts itself and the mesh network then sees it whereas when it drops offline I cannot see it as a device to add!!

Details of the Powerline are as follows:

TL-WPA8631P v3.0

3.0.1 Build 20220330 Rel.52768

Could any udate be provided please?

Thanks

Paul

Options
2022-12-13 15:22:08
I DON'T lose ANY of the other devices from the OneMesh... ONLY the TL-WPA8631P device
Options
2022-12-13 15:46:45 - last edited 2022-12-13 15:48:47

@TitaniumBoy 

Hello and thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, it seems that no, the issue still persists. 

However, (when I will be back in my house, I am currently studying abroad), I will try to check locally using the PLC application for each TL-WPA8631P device, whether the Power-Saving option is enabled or not. It should not be enabled according to a solution offered by the technical team of TP-LINK in Greece. This is something that I can not check remotely, since an update of the PLC application does not show the Power-saving option at all! So If I have any additional updates I will get back to you. 

Additionally, it seems that there are not any newer firmware updates, (I am using the last one) for the TL-WPA8631P devices, and the problem was also not fixed when an update of my wireless router Archer AX55, happened two weeks ago. 

......and yes up to now, every few days one of the four TL-WPA8631P devices connected to my Archer AX55 will disappear from the Mesh list and I will have to call somebody from my home to locally disconnect them from the power so I can re-add them to the Mesh list using the Tether app. Since you do not lose the rest of the devices I guess something is not correct with the TL-WPA8631P ones. 

I have the same: 

TL-WPA8631P v3.0

3.0.1 Build 20220330 Rel.52768

Thanks,

Andronikos 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 586

Replies: 7

Tags

OneMesh