Router USB Port as NAS / NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-02 01:06:01
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have an AX5400 Hybrid WiFi 6 router. I am attempting to use a HDD connected to the USB port of my router as a NAS / NVR - to store the streamed output from my security cameras. I am able to access the HDD via Windows so no problem there. The camera is producing an RSTP stream (port 554) which I can access via Windows using ONVIF. Is it possible via router settings to have the stream written to the HDD automatically? Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router USB Port as NAS / NVR
2022-10-02 01:49:05 - last edited 2022-10-02 01:51:47

@TP-Lurch 

The router doesn't have feature which would allow it to store the RSTP stream from a security camera on its local USB HDD.

Depending on your security camera make/model its software could allow you to store video/pictures on the local FTP server/SMB server, which you could use in your case.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Router USB Port as NAS / NVR
2022-10-03 13:56:32
Thanks terziyski. Will investigate and let you know how I go.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 2

Related Articles