Getting slow download speed using ethernet from TP-Link Archer AX6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 03:17:56 - last edited 2022-10-09 01:22:41
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163

I was recently bumped up to 500mbs on Spectrum but my router never seems to give me more than 200mbs on a wired connection.
I can connect my pc directly to my cable modem with DHCP and consistently get 583mbs download, 24mbs upload.

I've tried another network cable from my modem to my PC, used a different cable from my modem to the router.

I've reset/restarted my router, checked that it has the latest firmware, Verified the router's cable connection is set to auto negotiate (even tried 1000mbs full duplex).

Prior to these troubleshooting steps I had Spectrum out here and watched them test everything they even connected directly to modem with 580mbs download speed.

I've looked through all of the settings on my router but can't find anything obvious that would be causing this downgrade of speed.

Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Getting slow download speed using ethernet from TP-Link Archer AX6000-Solution
2022-10-08 03:39:56 - last edited 2022-10-09 01:22:41

Hello @marklyn 

Once resetting the AX6000 to factory defaults, did you configure any advanced settings on it when reconfiguring? Please try logging into the router web GUI again and confirm if you have enabled the QoS settings, try disabling it as follows:

How to turn off the QoS feature on TP-Link Router

How about the negotiation speed on the computer when connecting to the AX6000 LAN? Does it negotiate at 1000Mbps correctly? Can I know the model of the Ethernet adapter?

If possible, I would suggest try with another computer and observe if it can get a normal speed when connecting to the AX6000 via LAN cable.

BTW, how about the wireless speed? Are they any devices connecting to the AX6000 5G network? Is the speed normal?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting slow download speed using ethernet from TP-Link Archer AX6000-Solution
2022-10-08 03:39:56 - last edited 2022-10-09 01:22:41

Hello @marklyn 

Once resetting the AX6000 to factory defaults, did you configure any advanced settings on it when reconfiguring? Please try logging into the router web GUI again and confirm if you have enabled the QoS settings, try disabling it as follows:

How to turn off the QoS feature on TP-Link Router

How about the negotiation speed on the computer when connecting to the AX6000 LAN? Does it negotiate at 1000Mbps correctly? Can I know the model of the Ethernet adapter?

If possible, I would suggest try with another computer and observe if it can get a normal speed when connecting to the AX6000 via LAN cable.

BTW, how about the wireless speed? Are they any devices connecting to the AX6000 5G network? Is the speed normal?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Getting slow download speed using ethernet from TP-Link Archer AX6000
2022-10-08 13:08:51

@marklyn  This was answered in another thread.  I didn't know this thread existed so I created another.  The answer was in the bandwidth allocation on the QOS page (at the top) that I never had seen before.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 2

Related Articles