Unable to connect to my wifi extender RE305

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 06:46:26
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: EU/1.1

Hi,

My RE305 wifi extender is unable to extend my wifi network. I have tried rebooting it, resetting it to factory settings, change of password for main wifi router as well as extender wifi. Tried everything which i could think of but unfortunately unable to connect.

in my last attempt, on the tether app on android, it showed " congratulations. now connect to your network " - here i tried to connect to the extender but it gives me error as " access denied" 

could you kindly help me as been trying this for last 3 days now ( almost reached a point of ordering a new device thinking my device is dead )

note- there is no version number mentioned on my device. There is " EU/1.1" mentioned along with the sr. no and mac id. Device was purchased in 2019.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to my wifi extender RE305
2022-10-17 02:11:14

Hello  @Aditya_I 

Sorry for the late reply. Can you check if the Wifi Leds are On  on the  RE305 after you set up this the extender, if yes, please try following some tips mentioned in this troubleshooting guide: 

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 1

Related Articles