My extender has a different password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-10 17:20:03
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed my extender a few days ago and the tp link app didn't recognise my router password even though I know it to be accurate. I eventually managed to install it using WPS. However, since then it has apparently created a "mesh" network BUT the extender uses a different password to my router so i am constantly having to log in and out. I would like both the extender and the router to use the original password - any help please

Options
1 Reply
Re:My extender has a different password
2022-10-17 02:57:15

@Scorsby 

Thank you for reaching out to us. The login password of the extender is different from the Wi-Fi password of the extender. 

The RE login password was created when you first time access  'tplinkrepeater.net' the web UI of range extender or first time login device in Tether APP.

If the Tether app does not accept the login password anymore, you could try to factory reset the extender as Configuration Guide here and reinstall the extender. 

TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Options