Philips Hue Bridge not working with Deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 21:27:18 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:13:54
Tags: #Philips Hue
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20211103

Hi all,

I have installed 2 X20 Deco units into my house to replace the ISPs router.

Almost everything is functioning correctly, apart from the Philips Hue connection/access.

When I connect the Hue Bridge to the X20 (setup as router), the bridge indicates an active Ethernet connection, but no internet.(2 blue lights)

Nor can I see the bridge listed in the clients list on the network.

Also, when I try to connect to the bridge using the app's Smart Devices menu, it app fails to see the bridge.

I reverted all the hardware back the to ISPs router, with the Bridge connected to that router, and all works fine.

With the X20s connected to that router in access point mode, I can access the Hue bridge and Hue app through the deco Wi-Fi.

The problem only occurs when connecting the Bridge directly to the X20 via Ethernet.

Would anyone have a solution without having to utilise the ISPs hardware?

Sent Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Philips Hue Bridge not working with Deco X20-Solution
2022-10-13 09:08:39 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:13:54

@Profly 

Hi, it is also suggested to go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN and make sure it is disabled if ISP is not requiring this feature.

Do you have a wired laptop that could be used to connect LAN2 of the main Deco to see whether the laptop is able to get internet from Deco X20?

I see there is a reset button on the Hue Bridge, and have you tried a factory reset of Hue Bridge before?

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Philips Hue Bridge not working with Deco X20
2022-10-13 06:09:57

@Profly 

Im guessing when you have the Deco connected and in Router mode, you are not going straight from the Deco to the Internet?   Basically are you still using the ISP router cabled into the Deco?

ISP Router..  >   DECO  >   Clients..

If so it could be a NAT issue, you might need to setup some port forwarding on the Deco to allow it to pass the traffic straight to the internet.   

Options
2022-10-13 08:15:09

@Profly 

I see on the Hue Bridge how-to-setup FAQ when the Ethernet cable is connected, all 3 lights should be on. Since there are only 2 please also try to change a new cable, then connect Hue Bridge to the Ethernet port on the satellite X20.

By the way, Have you ever configured a static IP address on the Hue Bridge?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2022-10-13 08:45:03

@Philbert 

The ISP router is not included in the setup. The first X20 is configured in router mode, and connects the internet via Ethernet port 1 to the FTTH modem.

The Hue bridge connects to same X20 unit using port 2. I have tried changing the cable and swapping the ports to no success.

Reverting the the original setup prior to buying the Deco units, and everything works correctly.

If I include the ISP router into the setup, as you mentioned in your post, the Hue bridge also functions correctly. However, the intention was to have a clean setup using just the X20 units.

Options
2022-10-13 08:58:24

@David-TP 

I did try several cables with no success.

Re the IP address. I am unable to see the bridge in the Deco app, and likewise via the Hue app, to have access to changing the IP for the bridge.

Philbert mentioned port forwarding, but again, as the bridge is not listing as a client, I have no way (that I understand) to configure anything.

Thanks for your help.

Options
2022-10-13 09:08:36

@David-TP 

@Philbert

Figured it out!

During the setup for the X20 in router mode, the default for the app was forcing me to have values set against the IPTV VLAN.

I was unaware that this results in the remaining free physical Ethernet port being dedicated to that service.

Once I went back into the VLAN menu in Advanced settings, I was able to deactivate IPTV. The bridge straight away made the proper connections, showing as a client, and I have full functionality in the Hue App.

Thanks again.

Options
Re:Philips Hue Bridge not working with Deco X20-Solution
2022-10-13 09:08:39 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:13:54

@Profly 

Hi, it is also suggested to go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN and make sure it is disabled if ISP is not requiring this feature.

Do you have a wired laptop that could be used to connect LAN2 of the main Deco to see whether the laptop is able to get internet from Deco X20?

I see there is a reset button on the Hue Bridge, and have you tried a factory reset of Hue Bridge before?

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-13 09:13:49
Cheers. Tagged your post as the solution.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1609

Replies: 7

Tags

Philips Hue
Related Articles