Archer C6 WIFI Speed Drops Significantly After Reconnecting from My another WIFI Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 WIFI Speed Drops Significantly After Reconnecting from My another WIFI Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 06:36:12 - last edited 2022-10-17 08:04:47
Tags: #Wifi Problem
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20210226 rel.34930(5553)

@Kevin_Z 

Hello there!!! I tagged you in my new thread because I saw a forum post where you actively helping a similar thread (same model). My problem is slightly different and I already tried everything I that is mention there. I will briefly explain my problem below:

I have an Archer C6 V2,
Operation Mode: Router. 
I have also a WIFI extender NetGear EX3700 which is connected through my Archer c6

The problem is whenever I am connected to my Archer C6 WIFI, my internet speed reduce drastically. My wired connection is just fine and connection is stable. My WIFI is problematic for both 2.4 and 5G.

The things I have already done:
1. Update firmware for both the router and extender
2. Change the channel, channel width for both the 2.4 and 5G in my router and extender and make sure every device has a different channel.
3. Disable OneMesh

Any kind of assistance will be appreciated. Thanks for your consideration. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 WIFI Speed Drops Significantly After Reconnecting from My another WIFI Extender
2022-10-17 08:27:49

@N3M0 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can you please show us how is the wireless speed affected? How is the Netgear EX3700 connected to the C6?

When you connected your laptop or phone to the 5G network of the C6 directly (without the Netgear EX3700), what is the speed? BTW, how much bandwidth you paid for your internet, and what is the speed when connecting to the C6 with an Ethernet LAN cable?

Regarding TP-Link range extenders, we have an FAQ illustrates what we can do if the speed is slow when connecting to the extender, please check if any helps in your case:

What should I do if Internet/download speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link Range Extender?

Options
Re:Archer C6 WIFI Speed Drops Significantly After Reconnecting from My another WIFI Extender
2022-11-15 14:34:07

@Kevin_Z 

First of all, I use my Archer C6 as my primary router and the extender is connected through a cat6 cable. The speed is affected as below:
1. Before I connected to my extender:

2. I connected with my extender and then reconnected with my archer C6

3. Finally my extender is switched off and C6 is connected in 5GHz WIFI

4. My PC is connected with Cat6 Ethernet cable in LAN and here is the speed test

My internet package is 15 Mbps

Options
2022-11-17 12:14:15

@N3M0 

4. My PC is connected with Cat6 Ethernet cable in LAN and here is the speed test

Does this mean the PC is connected to the C6 or to the ISP cable directly?

What is the device you are testing the wireless 2.4G/5G speed? How about the link speed between the device and the C6? You can follow this guide to find it out.

Be sure the channel width for the 2.4G network is set to be 40MHz, and is 80MHz for the 5G, then try to find clear channels for both to avoid interference.

BTW, is this C6 brand new, or it was working just fine and the speed became slow recently? Are they any changes in the network?

Options
2022-11-28 15:36:28

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, my pc is connected with Archer C6 with a Cat6 Ethernet cable.
I am using my mobile handset (Redmi Note 7 Pro)
I have already tried the changed settings from previous posts regarding Archer C6 speed problem but unfortunately it didn't work.
I have 2 separate channels for 2.4G and 5G
Finally, my links speed is 433 Mbps (5G) and 72 Mbps (2.4G), I am always using 5G band 
My router is around 2 years old and it perfectly runs for 1-1.2 years.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 4

Tags

Wifi Problem