Please help . Tp link n adsl2+ Guest network not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 14:24:35 - last edited 2022-10-19 14:44:24
Tags: #Tp link Guest network
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

Please help!

i have a tp link router n adsl2+ model TD-w8961N' and i split it tow networks 

1 antenna for me - and the 2sd antenna for Guest network

at this point every thing is good.

now my neighbour need the internet by cable . so I bought an access point model TL-WA801ND for changing the wireless from the Guest network of the TD-w8961N to the cable of access point model TL-WA801ND

( i did this for limiting the bandwidth . my net 20 Mb and I give him almost 8 Mb by Guest network )

at this point every thing is good again 

Now i bought an other router and i want this new router be the main router of home "1 in picture"

so i change my Tp link TD-w8961N o a repeater and i disable DHCP and changed the ip adress to 192.168.1.2 and i conect my new router to the tp link TD-w8961N ( repeater ) by a cable "2 in picture"

the problem now is the main antenna of wireless it s working but the problem is the Guest network not working "3 in picture" . and the message in my phone is No internet access . i can see the wireless of Guest network in my phone but not allow to connect because i think if it s work on my phone 1st  .  then it will be work automaticly in the Access point TL-WA801ND 

i hope i explained very well 

please help and Thank you so much

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please help . Tp link n adsl2+ Guest network not working
2022-10-21 21:03:16

@carla-lopova 

If you are using the Guest Wireless feature to do this, it likely wont work for you by default.   

In short the Guest wireless is designed to stop clients from talking to each other, they can only access the internet directly.   As the AP you have marked 4  is on the Guest WiFi, it can only access the internet for itself, therefore anyone hopping onto it wont be allowed internet access. 

I have never seen anyone do it this way to be honest

A better, but still not great solution would be to remove the guest WiFi and use only your normal WiFi.  Then on the AP marked 4, set the LAN port for 10mbps (not 100 or 1000 or AUTO).  This would limit the PC to just 10mbps physically at the cable and avoid any guest schenagians. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 1

Tags

Tp link Guest network
Related Articles