Why restart after loss of connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 20:03:40

I am tired of having to disconnect power to my deco x55 every time I have had a loss of internet connection from my ISP!!
This shouldn't be necessary, so why do I have to do it? I like them a lot, when they are working. So somebody should bring a solution to the table before I file a public complaint because I'm stick of it!

It means that I for some reason looses web connection from ISP during day time at work or night time, I can't rely on that the router comes up and going on its own. It shouldn't be like this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why restart after loss of connection
2022-10-20 07:33:58

@Thlian 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

I checked your previous two posts and based on the attached network layout, I suppose the network topology could be simplified as:

(the green dotted link means wireless)

And the following information might be helpful:

• The Weak signals near Deco

Deco support Beamforming. Simply, It means it will adjust the signal radiation direction according to the density of mobile clients. If there are plenty of wireless devices in a certain direction, it will change the directionality of the array when transmitting to increase the signal reception. So I think comparing the signal strength on certain devices is not fair enough. We could concentrate more on the overall wireless coverage and internet speed.

• Deco won't come online until a restart without the network switch

I think it might be related to the WAN/LAN auto-sensing mechanism on Deco, like the case here. There is another smart DHCP server behind the switch and It is very likely to be Jensen Omni Mesh router. I saw you mentioned it was put into bridge mode and I guess you mean you have turned its WiFi off, only using the Ethernet LAN connections but the NAT feature is still enabled, like Zyxel Home Central?

If possible, you could check the following settings next time when Zyxel Home Central is fully restarted and starts working again, but Deco still refuses to come back online(or when Deco is red):

1. Whether the IPV4 address on the Deco became a whole different range.

(Previous I see you mentioned that"It doesn't provide and Ipv4 address if I disconnect the main Lan or power of main central from service provider." We need to check the IPv4 settings on Deco when Zyxel is properly powered on and connected to ISP, instead of powering off or disconnecting from ISP)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Why restart after loss of connection
2022-10-20 08:27:26

@David-TP 

I can try a restart of the zyxel home central. Omni wifi is still active but in bridge mode. 

I can disconnect the omni router to see if it makes a difference and check the ipv4 adress without disconnecting power on deco router.

Options