Change of location of the router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 08:08:05
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.1 Build 210830 Rel.72210n(5553)

Hello. I'm looking for a solution for my router which was bought in Indonesia. When I enter Google play or other services it shows the location of Indonesia and the apps or other services are locked in for that particular area. However, I live in Sweden now so is there any way to change the vendor provided location to Sweden to change the geo-restriction problem? Or this is not fixable by any means. Please let me know.

Thanks for your help. 👍

Options
3 Reply
Re:Change of location of the router.
2022-10-24 09:25:47

@fam007e 

Hey

I may be wrong but this is unlikely to be the router causing this, it simply provides internet access and doesnt do anything with geo location services.    I would check that you have moved your google location to Sweden (check google account) and see if that has registered the move.

Its likely the account services themselves and not the router, imho.  

I take it if you go to Google Search it defaults to the sweden locale?   Also did you change your ISP on the router when you moved?   Just incase you are still using the DNS for your old ISP

Options
2022-10-25 03:22:34

@fam007e 

Will this story explain the situation? Give it a try and see if you can get the correct location.

Options
2023-04-02 08:36:21

@Philbert weirdly enough, I have just started using a gaming router to pick up where the starlink mesh router falls down, it has started to restrict my Disney+ services. 

When I use the network through the new router it says "not available in your region" but when I jump off that network and back to the starlink mesh router directly, I get the content back. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 3

Related Articles