How do I stop the Deco 3.0 app recording activity?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-28 19:16:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've updated to Deco 3 and cannot disable parental permissions. I've no need of them, and do not want to be able to see traffic on my network. 

There seems to be no option to disable this (only a notification about the activity report), or the option to clear data each time you load the app.

I simply want to disable it.

Am I missing something or is this a huge oversight? 

thank you

Options
9 Reply
Re:How do I stop the Deco 3.0 app recording activity?
2022-10-31 06:45:23

@Notforsharint 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If you did not add any parental control profiles, basically it is disabled. Or do you actually want to keep the Filter Content/Blocked website/Bedtime/time limits features, but disable the Insight/History parts(such as Top visited websites/Apps)?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-31 07:10:55

@David-TP 

Thanks for your response.

I would like to disable the insight/history parts including top visited websites and apps used.

The only option I can find is to 'clear history' but this doesn't appear to disable the feature?

I haven't created any parental control profiles as this is  not something I need to use.

Appreciate your help!

Options
2022-10-31 09:00:27

@Notforsharint 

Hi, Here is a screenshot on my smartphone, and this part is the information that you do not want to see in Monthly reports, right?

I do not set up parental control profiles now but I did run some tests about it before.

So if you do not enable parental control now and will not use it in the future, it will not be recorded in the next Month's report/November.

Options
2022-10-31 18:35:55

@David-TP 

Hi there,

That is correct. I don't want to see that information logged at all anywhere. 

To confirm, I don't want monthly reports and I do not want behaviour recorded day to day at all, which is what is happening now. It is recording activity for each device.

I have not set up any Parental Control. In the last version of the app I had devices logged and categorised so they could be identified e.g Person X's iPhone, Person Y's laptop. I turned off all reporting.

Now the app has been updated, all it appears to allow you to do is to clear historic data but it doesn't switch it off for the future, so the next day it has logged activity again. I just want to switch this off completely. 

In the previous version of the app you could turn off monthly reporting and that disabled it. In v3.0 it provides activity for each device listed (shown below).

Thank you

Options
2022-11-01 03:48:04

@Notforsharint @David-TP 

You can turn off the Monthly report on 3.0 as well:

Options
2022-11-01 06:47:17

@Heidi_Alp where in the app is this option because I am not seeing it? Are you using Android or an older version of the app?

The only option I have is to switch off notifications for the monthly report - which isn't the same thing? 

(Shown from App Settings > Notifications)

Options
2022-11-01 08:58:44

@Notforsharint 

Hi, I am on IOS 3.0.47 and it is not under the Notification. It is under Deco APP>More>Monthly Reports>the system gear button on the top right.

Options
2022-11-01 12:30:40

@Heidi_Alp Hi there,

Thanks for your message. I have disabled the monthly reporting and cleared the data from there.

However, the app is still recording activity under each device in the parental control section.

Options
2022-11-02 07:44:14

@Notforsharint 

Hi,  I browsed your previous conversation with David, and you seemed to misunderstand something(If you are not, I am sorry.)

If you did not set up any parental control profiles, there will be no insight/history about these top visited/blocked sites.

so, if you have set up parental control rules, it will record network activity no matter whether the monthly report is enabled or not.

(If monthly report is enabled as well, you will see the recorded network activities both under Monthly Report and Parental Control)

So the solution for you would be to disable the whole parental control(not set up any parental control rules).

But if you wish to still use parental control, but did not want to see the recorded activities, Deco can not do that. You could consider it part of Parental control. 

Notforsharint wrote

@Heidi_Alp Hi there,

Thanks for your message. I have disabled the monthly reporting and cleared the data from there.

However, the app is still recording activity under each device in the parental control section.

Options