Can i create a mesh network with RE 215?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 09:33:03
Model: RE215  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. So i have one TP Link AC750 RE215 connected to my Virgin Media Hub 3. I need another because the signal is not reaching to the end of my house. If i get another one can it create a mesh network?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can i create a mesh network with RE 215?
2022-10-31 10:52:02 - last edited 2022-10-31 10:54:16

@sufy 

You can't have a mesh network between two RE215, but you can add a second RE to extend your wireless coverage.

Check this FAQ (Part 3) - Q3.6 and Q3.11 to know the considerations of adding an additional RE to your network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-02 03:38:22

Thanks for the help from @terziyski yes

@sufy I also like to add some additional information: 

You can have an OneMesh router and two Onemesh range extenders works together to build a Mesh.

But it is recommended to connect both range extenders to the router for the best performance. Otherwise, in some cases,  the second range extender may preferably connect to the main router in the OneMesh.

Q6. How to set up a mesh network when there are more than two repeaters joining into the network?

Options
2022-11-04 09:16:26

@Solla-topee 

Hi. So I have one connected to my virgin media router which is in the middle of the house and i want to add another to the far end of the house. Would the 2nd extender connect to the other extender or would it try connecting to the router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 3