Cant get printer to connect to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 17:20:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Can conect printer to network but Apple device do not see printer.  Everything connected to same network,  I have tried guest network, turning off 5G, disable fast roaming and beamforming.

I have also tried hard wire and conecting to ISP wifi and printer will work

please help

Thank you

Options
7 Reply
Re:Cant get printer to connect to network
2022-11-02 17:32:57

@smatom 

Is this a new printer?    Does it support AirPrint and if so is it enabled?

Not all printers work with Apple Devices, can you see the printer from Windows devices?

This 100% wont work on the guest network as it stops clients seeing each other (for security reasons)

Options
2022-11-03 11:58:13
thank you for your reply, I've had the printer for a while now and it has always worked when connected to the ISP Wi-Fi router. Tested yesterday and it still works in that configuration but when I signed the printer into the deco network it signs in but none of the devices see it. Having said that since the printer works fine with the ISP's router I would assume that the printer supports AirDrop because it's only having issues with the deco network. Brother MFC-7860DW
Options
2022-11-03 17:24:04
May I please have some assistance
Options
2022-11-04 05:42:06

@smatom 

Hi, Have you tried to connect the Apple devices to the same Deco that which Brother printer is connected to?

Are you able to ping the IP address of the printer on the Apple devices, maybe on the MacBook> Network Utility to see where the ping is accessible?

How to Use the Ping Command

Out of curiosity, have you ever set up any static IP address on the Brother printer?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-06 12:04:01

@smatom 

Quick question

Are you using the Router / ISP Modem WiFi along with the Deco?    Namely are some devices connected to the Deco and some to the Router?    If so that could be the issue as you are crossing networks and that likely wont work

Can you ping the printer from your apple devices?  what about navigating to it?     Im guessing everything is on a 192.168.68.xyz address?

Options
2022-11-06 20:43:56

@Philbert 

Thank you for your assistance and I apologize for my delayed reply.

Everything is connected to one network. ISP Wi-Fi is turned off.

I'm not at the location of printer so I'm unable to ping. Do you have any ideas of what I can try other than pinging it once I am with printer?

Thank you

Options
2022-11-07 20:16:56

@smatom 

The first thing i would try is to see if you can actually see the Printer on the network from the MAC.  Be that via PING or going to the IP and looking for the web-interface, that would rule out any connectivity issues and point to a port or print spool issue.

I take it both the MAC and Printer are on the same subnet?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542

Replies: 7

Related Articles