AX72 USB Transfer Speeds, the same as AX73? No reviews in YT or Written seem to have tested it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX72 USB Transfer Speeds, the same as AX73? No reviews in YT or Written seem to have tested it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 01:25:13
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Does anyone here have tested or know the actual USB transfer rates?

Is it the same as AX73 even if the CPU has changed? Is it still the same performance?

I really want to make an educated buying choice but seem to hit a brick wall getting this info

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX72 USB Transfer Speeds, the same as AX73? No reviews in YT or Written seem to have tested it
2022-11-14 00:26:47

@RaidNoir 

UPDATE: I now have the unit and it seems to be slower than AX55?

I am only getting 25 MBps

Options
Re:AX72 USB Transfer Speeds, the same as AX73? No reviews in YT or Written seem to have tested it
2022-11-16 09:33:40

@RaidNoir 

Is this 25 MBps the speed of copying files from a PC to the HDD attached to the AX72 USB 3.0 port? What is that when you plug the HDD directly into the PC?

The USB transfer speed of the router is highly CPU-dependent and it cannot be as fast as that of a computer. The CPU of AX73 is more powerful than AX72, so the USB transfer speed is slower on AX72:

https://www.tp-link.com/compare/?typeId=9&productIds=58958%2C48675

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-17 01:32:36

@Liverpool20 

Yeah but it seems to be slower than AX55. At least for the write speed. The read speed though is at least 50 MBps which makes me think to just keep the unit

Just wanted to make sure its not busted

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 3