I can't send files from a mobile device to a computer with TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I can't send files from a mobile device to a computer with TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-13 17:52:50 - last edited 2022-11-16 11:13:39
Model: Archer T1U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1015.3020

I wanted to send files from a Samsung Galaxy A20e to a new computer with Windows 11.

The dongle is perfectly working with a Logitech keyboard, but it doesn't correctly work with the phone (let me clarify I'm not saying the dongle is the problem).

What happens: computer and device seem initially to perfectly pair, but they immediately disconnect.

Both the computer and the mobile device state that they are associated, but they are not connected.

I discovered one thing more: I actually CAN send files from the computer to the phone but I can't send files from the phone to the computer.

I tried to reset the Bluetooth on the phone, but nothing really changed.

Any suggestion is appreciated.   :-)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I can't send files from a mobile device to a computer with TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter-Solution
2022-11-15 09:57:35 - last edited 2022-11-15 10:01:05

I solved.

I always used Bluetooth communication with Macs and Linux computers, where, after pairing, you can directly and automatically start sending files from a device to a computer.

In Windows 11 (I don't know in previous versions of the OS), you have to go to Bluetooth and devices > Devices > Send or receive files > Receive files, then manually choose to receive files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/receive-files-over-bluetooth-d8da2667-e79b-744c-c135-f58af38fc3ba

I don't know if there's any way to skip all this process, but this way it actually works.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:I can't send files from a mobile device to a computer with TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter-Solution
2022-11-15 09:57:35 - last edited 2022-11-15 10:01:05

I solved.

I always used Bluetooth communication with Macs and Linux computers, where, after pairing, you can directly and automatically start sending files from a device to a computer.

In Windows 11 (I don't know in previous versions of the OS), you have to go to Bluetooth and devices > Devices > Send or receive files > Receive files, then manually choose to receive files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/receive-files-over-bluetooth-d8da2667-e79b-744c-c135-f58af38fc3ba

I don't know if there's any way to skip all this process, but this way it actually works.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 1