EC230-G1 How to block websites?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 12:58:58 - last edited 2022-11-18 10:07:07
Tags: #Parental Control #Block website

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone was able to block specific websites on their TP Link router (EC230-G1). I saw some videos and articles but they all have different interface than me. I am trying to block some ad sites. Thank you in advance for any tips :). 

Options
4 Reply
Re:EC230-G1 How to block websites?
2022-11-18 10:05:31

@Drakie 

How does the web UI look like? You can post some screenshots, then we may suggest.

This model is targeted to Internet Providers, so the firmware should be customized. You can check if there is a Parental Control menu, then show us the screenshots.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-18 12:53:20

@Liverpool20 

There is parental menu but so far it looks like I can input only keywords and not websites. It looks like this: 

There is also security menu, which is where some of the tutorials block the sites, but I do not have the same menu there (they went through Access control - Host, I do not have that): 

Thank you for the quick reply :). 

Options
2022-11-18 18:45:09 - last edited 2022-11-18 18:47:28

@Drakie 

Your router's Parental Controls and Access Control look pretty similar to that of the TP-Link C8 V4, for which you can find a detailed Users Guide PDF document here:

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/download/archer-c8/v4/

Chapter 8 explains it in detail. How good it will work is another thing, though.

Options
2022-11-19 07:22:21

@woozle 

Hello, thank you very much for your help. It seems the keywords should be used also for websites. It has finally occured to me to just try the site directly to see if it works and it does :). So thank you! I finally figured out that the ads are not from my tv but from google and that is why it is not working as I want. Sorry about that, I am not that tech savvy :). Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 526

Replies: 4

Tags

Parental Control
Block website
Related Articles