AX1800 UPNP Casting and Multicast not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 23:54:44
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Scenario, my router, AX1800 v1.2, is connected to my ISP modem to provide WIFI and LAN connectivity to my devices.

The problem is when using any form of mutlicast from WiFi devices, i.e. any device connected via WIFI cannot using mutlicast, which means technology like casting and upnp for automatic opening of ports do not work at all. Any device connected directly to a LAN port on the ISP modem or TP-Link router immediately picks up my wired TV as well as able to use UPNP to open ports automatically on my ISP modem. No form of bridging is used, i just disabled DHCP on the TPLink so my ISP router can give LAN addresses. 

I have tried Wireless AP and Router mode to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any workaround or fimrware fix?

Not being able to cast from my WIFI connected laptop to my wired SmartTV is a pain, the neighbour who lives 200ft away who I allow to use my WIFI TV immediately comes up when i open the cast menu on my laptop or phone, put simply casting works from WIFI to WIFI devices and between LAN devices but not between LAN to WIFI.

Is this router a firewalll???  Plz fix TPLINK, my old router did this without issue :/.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX1800 UPNP Casting and Multicast not working
2022-11-21 08:21:28

@xman_tt 

On the AX1800 web UI, are there similar settings like Dagget posted in the following thread?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/223660?replyId=523672

If yes, try disabling it and see if casting and UPNP work on the wireless devices.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-21 15:11:35

@xman_tt 

I'm running my AX1800 in access point mode which doesn't show this option. I have tried in it Router mode and sometimes when that option is off casting works, but then randomly stopped working  on it own. Furthermore router mode can't work for me as UPNP doesn't work as my ISP router would be double NAT'd, i.e. the UPNP must open the port on the ISP modem not TPLink as what happens with Router mode.

Basically all i want is working multi-cast while in access point mode, even as of now i just tried both modes and casting simply refuses to work.

Options
2022-11-21 15:39:05

@xman_tt 

My issues are the same as persons in that thread with the X3000 and X6000 devices, even down to the WMF enable/disable temporarily or rebooting only resolving the issue for a short while before reverting to a non-working state. I see they got a beta firmware that resolved the issue, was any beta firmware fixing this issue released for the Ax1800.

I have a Tenda router with exact name SSIDs etc, when i switch back to that router everything works magically, however thats an AC router and was hoping to take the step up, apparently i took two steps backward. 

Options