Archer T9UH V2 has intermittent connection, fair to middling download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 02:10:56
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My PC is a Lenovo ThinkStation P310 running Windows 10 Pro.

This T9UH has intermittent download speeds (not even 10 megabits consistently), and the network speed is intermittent, too. When it works well, the speed is great, but it "stutters" so badly that my old 2.4ghz D-Link DWL-G122 (which is probably 10 years old) beats it for average internet download speed and network speed.

I've tried various TP-Link drivers, up to version with file name "RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036" (which I think might be a beta) but even this hasn't cleared up the problem.

Are there any more recent drivers available for Windows 10?

Are there any tips TP-Link could give me to get this adapter performing to it's full potential?

Thanks in advance,

Roger V.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T9UH V2 has intermittent connection, fair to middling download speed
2022-11-22 09:23:57

@RogerV. Hi, have you tried to force the USB adapter to work on 5ghz only to see whether it would make any difference?

If you could modify the wireless channel on the home router to channel 44, which would be highly appreciated.

Other than that, when Archer T9UH is working great, how much speed you could get?

And did you need to restart the computer to get back to normal speed if it had dropped less than 10m/s?

By the way, may I know how long you have had the adapter?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Archer T9UH V2 has intermittent connection, fair to middling download speed
2022-11-22 23:57:33 - last edited 2022-11-22 23:58:31

@David-TP I appreciate your suggestions, however, I don't have this device any more, as I've returned it to the retailer after about a week of trying all sorts of tips. It was originally purchased on the 12th of this month.

But if you can guarantee me that we can either get one of these Archers going consistently better than say 150 megabits / second (my router's max is 300 in theory I think) or I can get a refund, then I would be prepared to purchase another (even directly from TP-Link online shop) and try again, because it looked like a well made unit, and it's probably just a Windows update which has caused these problems. (Many people seem to have problems with Windows 10 and various USB wifi adapters based on Realtek chip sets, as far as I've discovered over the last week or so.)

Thanks again,

Roger V.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 2

Related Articles