AX55/AX73 Media Server Only Share Specific Folders - Any "newer" router then the Archer A7 that can?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX55/AX73 Media Server Only Share Specific Folders - Any "newer" router then the Archer A7 that can?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-20 14:51:55 - last edited 2022-11-21 14:36:42
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I'm looking to buy either the AX55 or AX73 but apparantly there is no way to only share specific content.

Is a way to exclude folders with media share just like file share... Someone else made a thread about this but stayed unanswered.

I too have kids and don't want them to have access to all the media. I see a way in the manual for file sharing but not for media sharing. Thought about using 2 usb's with a hub but it merges everything to one SMB server. In the manual there indeed is a difference between the Archer A7 and the new AX55 and 73.

Anyone know of a new router or any other solution would also be great

Thank you for your time and help!

Thread i am reffering to; Media server has access to all folders - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 0