Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-25 14:49:08
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My wi-fi keeps randomly disconnecting and showing a red LED on Deco units. It only goes off for a couple of seconds at a time, but that is enough to make working from home a nightmare when on a laptop. My desktop is wired directly to the modem, so I can confidently say that this is not a ISP or modem issue. It seems that only the Deco units are affected.

Has anyone else had a similiar issue or any solves for it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting
2022-11-25 19:06:11

Can be a lot of things, from configuration issues to isp issues, cable or bad ports, if the configuration is really ok on both isp router and deco, some things to try for hardware issues are like: swap the cable between router and deco to rule out cable issues; disconnect deco and connect a laptop to the router and do some tests for some time to rule out isp router issues; swap the main deco by a slave to rule out a bad port on the main deco. If all these validated, you have a configuration issue somewhere.

Options
Re:Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting
2022-11-28 05:41:41

@ialm 

Except for VCL's suggestions, it is also suggested to refer to the following troubleshooting guide:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412552

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 2

Related Articles