DECO M4R (EU) V2 - Stuck on yellow light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 11:22:52
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

After the latest update 1 of my 3 M4-units is offline. A yellow light is turned on. When I follow the instructions to manually update it with the latest firmware I'm not able to enter recovery mode. Pressing the reset pin, turns off the yellow led and it won't turn on again.

What else can I do to update my M4 unit or enter the recovery mode?

Options
4 Reply
Re:DECO M4R (EU) V2 - Stuck on yellow light
2022-11-27 11:43:36

@SjiekDeFriemel Take a look at this and this one. Hope they help.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2022-11-27 20:11:57

@ImtiazAli Thank you for the reply.

However the link to first page doesn't apply, because the bricked deco is seen as offline. So updating through the WEBui can't be done.

The 2nd link does apply, but I run into the problem where I don't exactly know which IP needs to be filled. The info and the faq aren't clear about that. I tried

Set a static IP address of 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 on the PC’s ethernet adapter  but without success. What I do is:

1) Set the static IP-address (see above)

2) Unplug the deco from power

3) Plug a UTP-cable from the deco to the pc

4) Press the reset button

5) Put the power back on while holding the reset button
Yellow led light --> after 7 seconds ,light turns off while pressing the reset button and doesn't turn on again (or do I have to wait longer?)

I have no clue what to do next. Hope you can help.

Options
2022-11-28 06:11:35

@SjiekDeFriemel 

Hi, I think you could change a new power socket to power on Deco M4 this time first, then hold the reset pinhole just for 1s to see whether there are any changes to the LED status.

If the light is still off, or permanently on yellow, then unplug the power cable, and press and hold the reset button till the power cable is plugged back. 

If it still couldn't get into the power recovery mode this time, you might need to contact the shop retailer to place this unit first.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2022-12-01 08:32:19

@David-TP Thank you for the answer. After trying your suggestions the problem wasn't solved. I contacted the seller and they are sending me a new M4 for free.

Good to know this forum works great if there is a problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 4

Related Articles