Archer c80 firmware upgrade changed internal ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 13:57:07 - last edited 2022-12-02 12:02:39
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4555)

Just as an information for other users and support team.

updated firmware to Version 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4555)

internal ip changed from 10.10.10.254 to 10.10.10.221 after this update

mixed environment of dhcp and static ip clients in my network

Had to manualy change the ip back and also had to change the value for the default gateway and primary dns address in the dhcp settings back to the correct setting then refresh dhcp leases of all dhcp clients

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer c80 firmware upgrade changed internal ip address-Solution
2022-12-02 12:02:30 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:13:40

Hello @florian666 

I'm happy to announce here that our developers have provided a beta firmware that could help fix the issue you're reporting. Please try updating and installing the beta firmware we published in the following thread and confirm if the issue will disappear:

[Solution] DHCP server settings of Archer C80 will be restored or changed once it reboots

Please reply to let me know if this beta firmware works or not. Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer c80 firmware upgrade changed internal ip address
2022-11-29 02:31:18

@florian666 

Are you reporting a similar issue like SDHINESHKUMAR in this thread?

Are you also building your own DNS server for the network? Can I also know the detailed network layout? Thank you.

Options
2022-12-01 11:47:56

@Kevin_Z the issue looks similar. But, since I have no DNS server in my network it's ok, that the dns ip is the same as the gateway ip.

The entries in default gateway and primary dns are consistent with the new ip address.

For me the new ip address is the problem.

I have clients with static configuration, which cannot reconnect to the internet after the ip of the default gateway (tp link router) is changed.

Also their name resolution is broken.

The client from which I do the configuration (static ip client) also could not find the gateway and the webinterface anymore.

For the dhcp clients the problems came, after I changed the ip for the local network back to the correct value, as their dhcp leases had to be renewed which takes some time (or a reboot).

In general I think it's a bad idea to change the lan ip of a device that quite likely is used as a router during a update, or without explicit notification of the admin.

Options
Re:Archer c80 firmware upgrade changed internal ip address-Solution
2022-12-02 12:02:30 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:13:40

Hello @florian666 

I'm happy to announce here that our developers have provided a beta firmware that could help fix the issue you're reporting. Please try updating and installing the beta firmware we published in the following thread and confirm if the issue will disappear:

[Solution] DHCP server settings of Archer C80 will be restored or changed once it reboots

Please reply to let me know if this beta firmware works or not. Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-06 17:53:27

Hello @Kevin_Z 

I installed the beta firmware. It fixes the issue of the changed internal IP address. After reboot the system had the same local IP as before.

Thank you very much.

Florian

Options
2022-12-07 01:02:22

@florian666 

Great. This should be fixed in the future official firmware release, please wait and install the official firmware.

Options
2023-02-03 15:14:26

@Kevin_Z 

Estou com problema na configuração do Qos do modelo Tp link acher c80.

Ele não respeita a largura de banda que eu estabeleço.

No caso 80 dow, 80 up.

Se eu colocar um dispositivo como prioridade e fizer um simples medidor de conexão, a velocidade de download ultrapassa muito. Chega a mais de 350 mb. Upload também.

E não é esse o objetivo do Qos, era justamente pra limitar a banda e priorizar o dispositivo setado cono prioridade na hora de um tráfego maior.

Options
2023-02-04 14:27:52

@Lamartine 

QOS guarantees a minimum speed. It's not used to limit speed.

If you want to limit the bandwidth of a device you should go to:

Network Map -> Clients

edit the client that you want to limit

"enable speed limit"

if you have QOS or NAT boost you will get a message that this will be disabled

Then you get a window where you can set upload and download speed limits.

regards,

florian

Options
2023-02-06 00:38:39

@florian666 

Na realidade adquiri esse roteador para resolver o problema de bufferbload na minha rede. E ao usar o Qos dele não consigo com que isso aconteça.

Para jogos online continua com muito bufferbload.

Aqui a conexão é Fibra óptica. 500 Dowload e 250 upload. 

E o ps4 está conectado vis cabo de rede ao roteador 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 957

Replies: 8