Cannot establish a IPv6 connection. A little help please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 02:13:07 - last edited 2022-12-01 06:10:28
Tags: #IPv6
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel 71166 (4341)

For reasons I can't understand, I have been unsuccessful in establishing a IPv6 connection. My ISP is Telus in western Canada. I've basically copied the IPv6 WAN and LAN settings over to the Archer AX55. Yes, Telus is setup for IPv6 because was using IPv6 on the Telus Gateway until now. I'm using custom DNS server addresses but that has not been an issue in the past. I think one of the settings must be wrong somewhere but the user manual for the AX55 does go far enough to help me figure it out.

Can anyone walk me through the IPv6 WAN and LAN settings to find where I have gone wrong? Everything is dynamic IP addresses, no static addresses. No issues at all with IPv4. Much appreciated.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot establish a IPv6 connection. A little help please. Edit: Solution found.-Solution
2022-11-30 03:42:14 - last edited 2022-12-01 06:10:28

@Stone_Horse 

Closer. I want to thank Aaron from TP-Link for reaching out and suggesting I try "Non-Address". That did not work but since I was already on that configuration page, I enabled "DHCPv6" then Release/Renew. That was the magic button. I now have IPv6 after confirming on two test sites. 

Best Regards,

S.H.

smiley 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Cannot establish a IPv6 connection. A little help please.
2022-11-29 07:14:54

Hello @Stone_Horse 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Below are some instructions to set up an IPv6 connection on the wireless router, please review all the settings parameters on the router and ensure they are all correct:
How to set up an IPv6 Internet connection on the Wi-Fi Routers

If the connection still fails, can you please show us how is the AX55 connected to the Telus network? Is there a modem and is it in bridge mode?

Options
2022-11-29 17:32:45

@Stone_Horse

Hello and thanks for reaching out. To answer your question, my internet connection is via Telus T3200M Gateway. The gateway is bridged to port 1 and the port one is hard wired to the WAN port of the AX55. I have an internet connection via IPv4 no issues using custom DNS addresses. 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 to be precise. No IPv6.

Here is what the current IPv6 settings are in the configuration menu of the AX55.

IPv6 WAN : ON

Internet connection type : Dynamic IP (SLAAC/DHCPv6)

Get IPv6 address : Auto

Prefix Delegation : Enable

DNS Address : Use the following DNS addresses : Primary DNS : 2606:4700:4700::1111

Secondary DNS : 2606:4700:4700::1001

IPv6 LAN

Assigned type : SLAAC+STATELESS DHCP

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Release/Renew and still no IPv6. Command Prompt: ipconfig /all and using test-ipv6.com

I called Telus support but they were no help beyond telling me its dynamic ip and anything downstream of the bridge is my problem. Which was expected. So, are all the settings correct or is there something else going on? I had IPv6 with the Telus gateway so I know it works. Just not happening with the AX55. 

Options
2022-11-30 01:51:39

@Stone_Horse 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-11-30 02:12:30

@Stone_Horse Thank you very much. Looking forward to the followup email. smiley

Options
Re:Cannot establish a IPv6 connection. A little help please. Edit: Solution found.-Solution
2022-11-30 03:42:14 - last edited 2022-12-01 06:10:28

@Stone_Horse 

Closer. I want to thank Aaron from TP-Link for reaching out and suggesting I try "Non-Address". That did not work but since I was already on that configuration page, I enabled "DHCPv6" then Release/Renew. That was the magic button. I now have IPv6 after confirming on two test sites. 

Best Regards,

S.H.

smiley 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot establish a IPv6 connection. A little help please. Edit: Solution found.
2022-12-01 06:10:19

@Stone_Horse 

Good to hear that.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 6

Tags