Low wi-fi speed o initial connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 12:31:48
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Whenever I switch the wi-fi on, on my Samsung Galaxy A8, the initial speed always seems to be 72Mbps. I then turn it off then back on and the connected speed then hits the hundreds. This happen when I connect via powerline adapters of which I have 2, upstairs and downstairs as we have three levels. It's almost like the system needs to be woken from a standby state. The OneMesh is turned on but makes no difference. Latest firmwares installed on all devices.

Any ideas why this happens?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Low wi-fi speed o initial connection
2022-12-01 06:26:20

@bernieeccles 

Can I also have the model of the powerline extenders? Are they connected to the network as below?

ISP modem --- Archer AX55 --- Powerline adapter === Powerline extender )))((( Samsung Galaxy A8

--- stands for Ethernet cable

=== stands for powerline connection

)))((( stands for wireless

How about other devices, are they behaving the same when connecting to the network? 

Have you tried to turn off power saving mode on the powerline adapter/extender? Below is the guide to turn it off, please have a try:

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters

Options
2022-12-11 13:58:18

@bernieeccles 

Thanks for the reply.

I have the TLWPA8631P kit and another TL-WPA8631P Powerline ac wifi extender. I have turned off the power saving feature but still as often or not, when I connect my phone to the wifi network which incidentally is configured as a onemesh system, I initially still get something like 72Mbps connection speed but on turning the wifi off then back on (on my phone), the speeds will jump up into the hundreds.

I have also tried connection with a Samsung tablet and get similar results.

I find it hard to believe that this is how the system is supposed to work. I have also tried connection when my devices are literally 3 feet away from the AX55 router.

Options
2022-12-11 15:56:05

@bernieeccles 

Hi,

A connection speed of 72 Mbps is normally something one would see when connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, while connection speeds in the the hundreds sounds more like being connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi.

Do you have "Smart Connect" activated in the wireless settings menu of the AX55?

If yes, then you maybe better switch it off. Then delete (or "forget") the original Wi-Fi network on your phone and tablet and re-connect them only to the SSID of the 5 GHz wireless network. 

Options
2022-12-14 09:56:52

@bernieeccles 

I have switched off Smart Connect and turned off the 2.5Ghz wifi and now just have the 5Ghz wifi   broadcasting. This has certainly improved matters and when I connect my phone now the speeds are nearly always in the hundreds and as I move around the house, I can see them alter as they connect via the one mesh system so this corse of action would appear to have solved my problem.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 4