HomeCare missing after upgrading to Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-30 16:53:10
Tags: #HomeCare
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220412 Rel. 41022

I previously had Deco M9 Plus and it included HomeCare for free, but since I have updated to Deco X60 the option is no longer available in the app. The app did briefly mention that I could purchase HomeCare Plus for a fee, but I just need what I had before.

According to the HomeCare website, HomeCare is included for free with Deco M9 Pus as well as Deco X60.

How do I re-enable the free HomeCare?

Do I need to add one of my old Deco M9 Plus units to my mesh? If so, does it have to be the base so that it can perform its validation? And if so, does that mean that now my entire system will have a max speed of the Deco M9 Plus instead of my new Deco X60, which pretty much negates the reason I bought them?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HomeCare missing after upgrading to Deco X60
2022-12-01 07:32:18

@aaron11 

Hi, Deco X60, V3 and V4 have been updated to HomeSheild Home Security system. V1 and V2 are still using HomeCare.

It depends on the main Deco so if Deco M9 Plus is set to be the main Deco, Deco X60 V4 is the satellite, the whole Mesh system would still use HomeCare. And the devices that are connected to Deco X60 will still enjoy the WiFi 6 speed.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:HomeCare missing after upgrading to Deco X60
2022-12-01 13:27:36 - last edited 2022-12-01 13:32:13

@David-TP 

Why were the features changed for the same model (Deco X60), especially when it is difficult to discern what version of the model you are buying from a retailer, as it is not listed on the (Costco) website nor the box? Why wasn't the model updated to "Deco X61" or something? 

As you can see on this TP-Link web page for the Deco X60, HomeCare is plastered all over it, but the version is not, and can only be seen by looking at the url.

Deco X60 | AX3000 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System | TP-Link Canada

Actually, the latest TP-Link web page for the Deco X60, without a version in the URL, lists HomeCare, not Home Shield:
Deco X60 | AX3000 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System | TP-Link Canada

Doesn't the main Deco device act like a gateway, through which all other Deco devices communicate? So if I set my main device to the Deco M9 Plus, don't I basically lose all of the benefits of having the Deco X60 (e.g. speed, backhaul)?

And if the main device is the Deco M9 Plus, how do I stop all of my components (e.g. phones, tablets) from communicating with the main device over the faster Deco devices (if the above is not true)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 615

Replies: 2

Tags

HomeCare
Related Articles