Block internet access but allow connecting to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-01 11:36:44
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello everyone!

With the recent scandal from Eufy I want to block my cameras from accessing the internet while still  allowing them to communicate locally via HomeKit secure video.

I have found guides for setting that up for the previous app version but I can't seem to replicate it in the new interface.

I made a user called "No internet access" in the app where I added all the cameras but I can't completely block internet access neither via. bed time nor time limits and "blocking" the group seems to disconnect the cameras from the wifi all together.

Can someone help me out?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Block internet access but allow connecting to network
2022-12-02 10:57:13

@tmn.rssmnn 

Hi, I tested on my side with Deco APP 3.0 about Bedtime/Time Limits under parental control. The devices in the profile are still connected to Wi-Fi but have no internet access.

So you could configure the same settings on the latest Deco App 3.0 as well.

Since it was the mobile phone under the test, and you have the Eufy cameras, do you mean the cameras in the profile would physically disconnect the WiFi as well?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Block internet access but allow connecting to network
2022-12-02 11:24:07

@David-TP 

Hi!
Yes you are right that is working as described but the thing is, that you can't turn internet access off constantly, there still is a 5min window left where the cameras can reach out since bedtime can't cover 24h (only 23h55min) and also the time limit option can't be lower than 30min.

When I "block" the access via. the first screen in parental control however they will be actually disconnected from the network.

I would appreciate a simple button that just disables internet access constantly until undone for the devices for the "group/person" and I assume, since there is a lot of talking about on other platforms about the scandal, that will be a highly wanted feature in the future or generally for devices with HomeKit Secure Video.

Thank you.

Options