Deco P9 v2.0 Latest Beta Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-01 23:58:09
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hi I see some of the mods have previously PM'd a link to the latest beta firmware for the Deco P9 (v2) and was wondering if I could also get this to help troubleshoot some issues im experiencing.

My Deco P9 (v2) is current on version:

1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hope someone can assist and PM or reply with the latest beta firmware as the official firmware download page has not updated in a while.

Many thanks!

Options
34 Reply
Re:Deco P9 v2.0 Latest Beta Firmware?
2022-12-02 08:48:32

@David-TP I think I recall it was you who provided the beta firmware for the p9 (v2) to some users via PM in some older threads.

Can you assist? :)

Experiencing some slower than expected speed issues and can see the P9 CPU usage spiking to 100% every couple seconds which I suspect may be linked. Also have a few other minor issues which I feel are firmware related so hoping you can provide me with the latest beta firmware to help me troubleshoot.

Kind regards

Options
2022-12-02 10:41:19

@crypt0ninja 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have more details about the speed issue you have on the Deco P9? How much speed you could get from each node?

And can you also check the backhaul type on the satellite P9 whether it is on WiFi backhaul(2.4ghz+5ghz) only or WiFi and PLC backhaul, or even Ethernet backhaul?

--If you have updated to Deco APP 3.0, you could also try to save a picture of the network map for me.

As for the beta firmware, please refer to the private message to get the firmware.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-02 11:34:26

@David-TP 

Thanks for the quick response I will provide the requested information shortly, just wanted to first test if the latest beta already fixed any of these issues.

I downloaded the beta firmware via your PM, logged into the web interface, firmware update page, selected model (P9) and uploaded the firmware .bin file, I then get a message that says "Operation Successful" but nothing happens after that, the guide says that the Deco's will reboot but that doesnt happen for me, nothing happens from that point, tried manually restarting them but they are still on the same firmware.

I responded to your PM, hope you can help.

Many thanks!

Options
2022-12-02 12:31:02

Managed to get my P9's updated individually after some messing about.

Will report back shortly!

Options
2022-12-04 16:10:59 - last edited 2022-12-04 16:42:58

@David-TP any reason why these Deco P9 units prefer WiFi over PLC? Speeds are great when connected to the main Deco unit but the additional Decos are not putting out the speeds I'd expect if PLC was prioritised.

I have 3 Deco P9's which all show as connected via 2.4ghz/5ghz/PLC but its clear to me and my testing that WiFi is prioritised over PLC as the speeds are so much slower than what I know my home wiring is capable of via PLC.

I have had great success and great speeds with Powerline adapters in my home prior to switching to the Decos (had the TP Link 8631P Kit adapters prior to the Decos) and its the faster option but it seems the Deco P9 units prioritise WiFi over PLC as the connection between units, even though responses Ive seen in other threads regarding this from TP staff state PLC is the preferred method when connected via both PLC and WiFi. This is definitely not the case for me, when connected via both WiFi and PLC the WiFi is definitely being prioritised between units and is much slower and putting out much lower speeds than what I know im able to get via Powerline/PLC.

As there is no option to set PLC as the preferred connection type within the app or web interface can you please advise further? Would be great and im sure many would appreciate if this could be added?

This issue exists with both the latest official firmware release and also the latest beta that you provided me with via PM.

I have attached some pictures from the app for visuals on my Deco P9 setup (running in AP mode).

Hope you can assist!

Options
2022-12-06 12:15:19

So TP-Link have got in touch via email to investigate these issues with the P9.

I will update here with any progress.

Options
2023-01-01 09:40:46

@crypt0ninja Keep us posted, I've just got the Deco P9 and I'm facing the same issue, PLC is not being prioritised, We need an option where we can chose manually.

I also have the Deco M5 and can honestly say that the M5 has a lot more features and seems to be supported more over the P9 bizarre really as the P9 is the later model out the to.

I'm going with l try out the beta firmware myself when I receive it from @David-TP

Thabks 

Options
2023-01-01 12:35:52

Responses to getting the issue resolved were slow and I dont have the time nor patience to beta test the hardware so I sent the P9 kit back.

Considering the new PX50 but worried it will probably have the same problem with WIFI being prioritized over PLC. No detailed reviews out there at the moment.

Options
2023-01-02 05:58:18 - last edited 2023-01-02 05:59:28

@David-TP

I am interested in the beta firmware as I am having issues with the prioritization of PLC.

(Also P9 v2.0)

Options
2023-01-03 12:10:34 - last edited 2023-01-03 16:00:45

Hopefully @David-TP  will be able to assist and give out the beta firmware via PM.

I'm currently waiting for a reply, Containing the firmware myself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4536

Replies: 35

Related Articles