Deco AP mode under vlan tag (ethernet backhaul)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-03 11:35:04
Model: Deco M5   Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys.

I've trying to use this Mesh setup of deco which is connected to another router(server) with vlan tagging. any Ideas how to fix the deco m5/m4 unstable connected to the router.

At first the Main Deco is in AP Mode which wired connected at server(MT HEX) under vlan untagged port fetching its own ip address. next I've connected other 2 Decos(m4) wirelessly on it. then I tried to wired connected the 2nd m4 to m5 via m5s Lan port (100meters away from m4) using foc. the Ethernet backhaul worked. Now I installed cctv system under another vlan that's why I installed TL-SG105E at the mediacon B of my foc setup where the m4 is connected. Meanwhile its source mediacon A is connected to the trunk port of server(MT HEX). The untagging at switch works fine as I saw results of leased devices at MT's dhcp server. I also have results of deco m4 fetching it's ip address the same at MT's dhcp server but the LED status lights of M4s are blinking red stating that its not connected. users on that area also can't connect properly.

Any tips how to solve this.

Glady appreciated. Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco AP mode under vlan tag (ethernet backhaul)
2022-12-11 19:11:14

@BTNnDS I just bought newer X50 Deco's and i dont think its possible at all with the newer models.. there is an mobile App to configure some basic stuff like AP mode or DHCP range, thats it. Cant even find a way to setup multiple SSID's (or VLANS) for my IOT devices and cameras.

Options