TP-LINK RE305 doesn’t work after software update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-03 22:29:34
Tags: #Update
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I did the software update on my tp link app, my extender did a reset and now the power LED is ON, but it's impossible to connect to the tp link wi fi, the reset button doesn't work either.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-LINK RE305 doesn’t work after software update
2022-12-04 08:20:29

@Simlcs I found the exact same topic here https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/249420 It was locked with no response.

It is scandalous that an update can just break your device, I'll buy an other extender, never coming back to this brand and will publicly not recommand buying this product

Options
2022-12-06 12:12:55

@Simlcs 

Hi, if everything cooperated correctly during the firmware upgrade, but the extender ended up broken, you could still contact the retailer to check whether this extender could be replaced.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-24 18:56:35

@David-TP 
No , this is stupidity. Firmware may be updated after end of guarantee..... 
It is ru**ish, that you cannot revert to stock firmware.

Options
2023-04-25 03:42:18

@big23 

Hi, sorry for any trouble caused, may I know if your range extender is also RE305 V1, and which firmware you were trying to update? And did you update it via Ethernet connection or via Wi-Fi?

Normally only wrong firmware update, power failure or device disconnection during firmware update might brick the device, that is why we usually need to confirm if there is anything abnormal during the firmware update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 4

Tags

Update
Related Articles