AX50 firmware 'unable to upgrade'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 10:41:07
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20200430 rel.34131(4155)

There is a newer version of the firmware for the AX50 (AU) on the website. There actually since been quite a few firmware upgrades since my version of 1.0.8 Build 20200430 rel.34131(4155) but every time I try to update the firmware I get the error 'unable to upgrade' and it tells me I have the latest version but I clearly don't.

Looking through the last few firmware upgrades it looks like there have been a few security fixes as well as general bugs fixed as well. Is there any way to force the firmware upgrade - the 'unable to upgrade' issue of upgrading the firmware to the latest version for the AX50 seems to be a common one in the forums but there is never an answer to fix.

Can anyone give additional information or god forbid, TP-Link actually provide a solution?

Options
8 Reply
Re:AX50 firmware 'unable to upgrade'
2022-12-04 14:44:39

@mjalb88 

Hi,

Do you know how your AX50 got to this firmware version 1.0.8 Build 20200430 rel.34131(4155)?

This build doesn't appear to be a regularly released firmware version.

Is your AX50 a normal retail version bought in a store or was this AX50 part of a broadband Internet connection package of a local ISP?

Has the firmware ever been changed since the router came out of its box?

Have you previously had TP-Link support work on this AX50 to fix some problem?

Options
2022-12-04 18:11:37

@terziyski I've tried to upgrade the firmware with the US and EU versions of the firmware and both give me the error.

Options
2022-12-04 18:20:29

@woozle the router is a standard retail version I bought from a store.

I do remember upgrading the firmware once after I purchased the router with a firmware that was available from the AU TP-Link website. Then I noticed a few weeks later that firmware version was no longer available which I thought was strange.

With every subsequent firmware release on the website I have tried to upgrade and has always failed. I emailed support once about the issue and their answer was along the lines of 'why do you want to update your firmware, you should only update the firmware if you have issues, do you have issues?'. I didn't have connectivity issues at the time so I left it but now because I see there's a few updates since my version, I want to ensure my router has the most secure update.

Options
2022-12-04 22:31:04

@mjalb88 

Ok, I see.

I think this can only be solved by TP-Link support.

Obtaining the latest security fixes should be reason enough for updating the firmware of a router.

Options
2023-02-15 04:52:45

@mjalb88 Did you ever get a solution to this from Customer Support?  I have the same firmware version and the same upgrade inability and I think it may be behind some VPN problems I've been having.

Options
2023-02-16 09:39:37

Eniariom wrote

@mjalb88 Did you ever get a solution to this from Customer Support?  I have the same firmware version and the same upgrade inability and I think it may be behind some VPN problems I've been having.

Hello @Eniariom 

Can I confirm where did you purchase this router? Is it US or EU version on the router bottom sticker?

We would like to follow it up via email, please check your registered email box and confirm if you can upgrade the firmware successfully.

Options
2023-02-17 06:48:59

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for sending through the beta firmware via email. My unit is the US version so it installed successfully and I've been able to upgrade to the latest US firmware now.

Options
2023-02-17 08:16:35

@Eniariom 

Happy to hear that.laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 997

Replies: 8

Related Articles