C80 internet dropping daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 21:52:35
Tags: #WAN
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4341)

Hi,

The internet on my Archer C80 drops daily - usually during the evening, but it can happen multiple times a day. No specific action needs to be performed for the internet to drop, but it seems to happen more often when I am on a Zoom call.

When the internet drops, the Internet LED on the device goes orange. To bring it back, I need to either restart the modem or perform a Release / Renew on my Internet settings. Most of the time, the action that will make the internet connection last the longest is turning off the router, leaving it off for a few minutes, then turning it back on.

I am using Google's DNS. This happens with both Google's and my ISP's DNS servers.

I have tried different cat 5a and 6 cables already - no luck.

I know the issue is on the C80 as I have tested my computer connected directly to the modem for a couple of weeks and the internet didn't drop, not even once.

I am out of ideas here, and this is disrupting my work.

More details:

Using Dynamic IP

My ISP: start [dot] ca

Using Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4)

Options
2 Reply
Re:C80 internet dropping daily
2022-12-05 03:40:10

@timbesh 

Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread, then report back with more detailed as requested via email:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Options
Re:C80 internet dropping daily
2022-12-13 15:10:32

@Kevin_Z Thanks - just sent the email.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 2

Tags

WAN