DHCP Primary & Secondary DNS settings reset to default after router reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 08:04:25 - last edited 2022-12-07 01:10:40
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(5255)

So when I change DNS addresses and click "Save" they seem to save, I can update page and changes are there (not sure they are really applied and work though). But when I reboot router they reset back to default, like on the screenshot. I've found this post regarding Archer C80 having the same issue, and it needed a firmware update to fix it. I'm on the latest firmware available from System -> Firmware Update.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:DHCP Primary & Secondary DNS settings reset to default after router reboot-Solution
2022-12-06 23:29:34 - last edited 2022-12-07 01:19:57

@DysonSphere  @skogach 

Refer to this post - TP-Link are aware of this issue and they most probably would release a beta FW to fix that until they come up with a next stable FW release.

Meanwhile don't try to upgrade your C64 with a beta FW intended for C80 - TP-Link support should provide a beta FW for the C64 specifically.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:DHCP Primary & Secondary DNS settings reset to default after router reboot-Solution
2022-12-09 09:15:11 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:34:04

@skogach  @DysonSphere

I'm happy to announce here that our developers have provided a beta firmware that could help fix the issue you're reporting. Please try updating and installing the beta firmware we published in the following thread and confirm if the issue will disappear:

[Solution] DHCP server settings of Archer C80 will be restored or changed once it reboots

Please reply to let me know if this beta firmware works or not. Thank you very much.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:DHCP Primary & Secondary DNS settings reset to default after router reboot
2022-12-06 16:53:01

@skogach 

i've got the ax6000

have you got a page like this?

Options
2022-12-06 19:31:04

@Cawsie Yes, but on this page I can't set DNS from local network, only from WAN. I need to add my local DNS, something like a PI-Hole. 

Options
2022-12-06 22:05:47
I think this is a bug in Firmware 1.12.0 Build 221010. As soon as I updated to this firmware my DHCP settings revert to default and reenable itself upon reboot (another device on my network acts as DHCP server). There is a beta build of Firmware (in another tread) which works on Archer C64 (I have tested it on one of my C64s), but this is not ideal as it should be fixed with a proper bug fix.
Options
2022-12-06 23:29:34 - last edited 2022-12-07 01:19:57

@DysonSphere  @skogach 

Refer to this post - TP-Link are aware of this issue and they most probably would release a beta FW to fix that until they come up with a next stable FW release.

Meanwhile don't try to upgrade your C64 with a beta FW intended for C80 - TP-Link support should provide a beta FW for the C64 specifically.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-09 09:15:11 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:34:04

@skogach  @DysonSphere

I'm happy to announce here that our developers have provided a beta firmware that could help fix the issue you're reporting. Please try updating and installing the beta firmware we published in the following thread and confirm if the issue will disappear:

[Solution] DHCP server settings of Archer C80 will be restored or changed once it reboots

Please reply to let me know if this beta firmware works or not. Thank you very much.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-09 09:33:24

@Kevin_Z Thank you.Yes, It works now. 

Options
2022-12-10 15:48:23

Md Nahid Roni

Options
2022-12-10 15:49:10