Archer C64 DHCP resets to default and reenables upon reboot with Firmware 1.12.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C64 DHCP resets to default and reenables upon reboot with Firmware 1.12.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 22:15:37 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:16:11
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0

Two of my Archer C64 routers updated to the latest firmware last night. Normally, DHCP is disabled on both networks as I use other devices as DHCP servers.

Upon reboot, the DHCP settings revert to default and reenable, this happens whenever the router is rebooted (i.e. when DHCP is unchecked to disable DHCP server and click save), now I cannot use other devices as DHCP servers.

I realise there is a similar issue for Archer C80 and there is a beta firmware already available.

When will this fix be rolled out in the next official firmware? I chose tp-link for my entire network infrastructure and currently my network is non functional due to a buggy firmware update.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C64 DHCP resets to default and reenables upon reboot with Firmware 1.12.0-Solution
2022-12-07 01:26:23 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:16:11

Hello @DysonSphere 

I'm happy to announce here that our developers have provided a beta firmware that could help fix the issue you're reporting. Please try updating and installing the beta firmware we published in the following thread and confirm if the issue will disappear:

[Solution] DHCP server settings of Archer C80 will be restored or changed once it reboots

Please reply to let me know if this beta firmware works or not. Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C64 DHCP resets to default and reenables upon reboot with Firmware 1.12.0-Solution
2022-12-07 01:26:23 - last edited 2022-12-09 09:16:11

Hello @DysonSphere 

I'm happy to announce here that our developers have provided a beta firmware that could help fix the issue you're reporting. Please try updating and installing the beta firmware we published in the following thread and confirm if the issue will disappear:

[Solution] DHCP server settings of Archer C80 will be restored or changed once it reboots

Please reply to let me know if this beta firmware works or not. Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 459

Replies: 1