WPA4220 KIT V5 No Good

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA4220 KIT V5 No Good

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WPA4220 KIT V5 No Good
WPA4220 KIT V5 No Good
2022-12-09 19:33:33
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: LATEST

So in 2013 I bought the WPA220 AV500 KIT (Powerline and Extender) - The only setting I ever changed was to turn off Power Saving Mode.

They worked great for almost 10 years. (They were on the latest firmware from 2016)

Anyhow I thought I'd upgrade to the WPA220 KIT V5 as newer device, newer technology (better performance).

Anyhow I set them up and put them in exactly the same locations as my old devices.

The Extender for the V5 is in our 2nd Story room (exactly where the V1 Extender use to be) and Ethernet and WiFi for my Macbook M2 work fine.

However our iPhone 14's are getting terrible WiFi speeds from the Extender?

It only happens with mobile devices.

Now I changed every setting possible, WiFi channels, Frequencies, I even changed the location but still terrible speeds on mobile devices..

I got my V1's, reset them and set them up again and BAM everything is flawless again.

I am wondering what went wrong with the V5's, does anyone have any experience of this? 

The situations were absolutely like-for-like and I even updated the V5 to the latest firmware.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA4220 KIT V5 No Good
2022-12-13 06:40:39

@76cXLY 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Can I have more details about the speed test results on the same mobile device from TL-WPA4220 V5 and 4220 V1 kits?

Please also refer to this link to check the current link speed:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Do you still have powerline utility installed and are they having a similar powerline rate?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options