Losing Ethernet connection Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-11 17:26:38 - last edited 2022-12-11 17:28:08
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Ethernet Connection
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20220823 Rel. 41353

Hello Guys!

I need your help or an advice for my problem.

I have set up my M4s as access point because i have to have the providers router plug in.

Internet Provider: A1 / Austria (EU) PC: Win11

The Router is connected to my main Deco in the living room and in the office room the second one. Connected via Wi-Fi.

I have my PC connected to my second Deco via Ethernet because of my other mobile devices.

Everything worked fine until now (1 Month later), my set up is still wired as mentioned but my PC writes "Network Cabel disconnected".

When I plug the second deco in and out from the power, it functions for 30 second and after that the signal gets lost again.

I hope somebody can help me out!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Losing Ethernet connection Deco M4
2022-12-14 09:37:13

@ThomasKLBG 

Hi, Have you tried to change a new cable connecting the PC to the second Deco M4?

Or Do you have another wired PC so that we could test whether the problem is the Ethernet port on Deco or the computer?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Losing Ethernet connection Deco M4
2023-01-09 13:53:02

@David-TP 

Solved it! The Deko M4 had some connection issues with the ethernet cabel. I changed the bad deko out with new one i bought. fixed it!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 2

Tags

Access Point Mode
Ethernet Connection
Related Articles