Archer T4U Plus v1 terrible speeds after a few weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-13 00:19:26 - last edited 2022-12-13 00:23:51
Tags: #Windows 11 #T4U Plus
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I bought around two months ago an Archer T4U Plus v1 adapter so my desktop PC can work with WiFI connections and not vía Ethernet. This PC has Windows 11 installed, and at least during the first weeks or so it worked pretty well, with relatively good download and upload speeds (around 300 Mbps on a 600 Mpbs connection, using Speed Test).

But unexpectedly and without any reason or intervention, one day it dropped drastically to maybe 100 Mbps on download and only 1~3 Mbps (yes, I'm not kidding) of upload speed. I tried everything, but nothing worked:

• Removing and reinstalling official and chipset drivers multiple times
  • Using other drivers like explained in "Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)" post in this forum.
  • Changing several options in the device properties (like Power Management or WiFi protocol) using Device Manager, as recommended in other posts from this forum.
  • Using different USB ports in my PC tower.

Even just for testing, I put that same adapter in another laptop (in this case, with Windows 10) to override the internal WiFi card and in the same room, next to the router, I have the same terrible numbers, Other devices like my smartphone or that same laptop with the internal WiFi card don't have this issue. so it's blatantly obvious that the problem is in the T4U Plus adapter (maybe it is a hardware issue?) and I'm suffering a really unstable connection.

Any idea about how to solve it? I see in this forum a lot of worrying messages about this device, it seems too faulty and barely reliable...

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T4U Plus v1 terrible speeds after a few weeks
2022-12-13 06:21:14

@LinkerTPv2 

Hi, have you ever checked the link speed on the wireless adapter?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

I see you have almost tried all the available troubleshooting suggestions and if nothing changed, you might need to contact the shop retailer to check the warranty service.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 1

Tags

Windows 11
T4U Plus
Related Articles