Archer AX80 and Xfinity Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-16 04:06:43 - last edited 2022-12-22 05:40:57
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey everybody, 

I recently got an Archer AX80 as an alternative to the built-in wifi on my Xfinity gateway. In the past, when I've set up 3rd-party routers, it's simply been a matter of throwing the gateway into bridge mode, connecting the router to the gateway, and setting up the wifi settings on the new router. However, when I've been trying to do this with the AX80, I'm consistently getting an error that it doesnt have internet access. I've tried letting it automatically do its own thing with Dynamic IP and also tried Static IP using settings pulled from the gateway, but have had no luck in getting the internet to work. Any suggestions on how to get a TP-Link router working with an Xfinity gateway in bridge mode? TIA! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX80 and Xfinity Gateway
2022-12-20 02:15:35

@chronus719 

Good day! Welcome to the community.

Would Archer AX80 get a valid internet IP address under web UI>Advanced>Status?

Can I also have the model number of your Xfinity gateway?

In case that Xfinity internet service might require MAC authentication, it is also suggested to clone the MAC address of the old router to Archer AX80:

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router? 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 1