Deco X68 - connection preference option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-19 04:15:00
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38490

Hello,

I have bought 4 pcs Deco X68 and connect it as main deco to existing network which previously connected on with Deco M5 and M4. The problem with the new deco X68 is that there were no option for connection preference. Furthermore, after I uninstall, make new network and update on all the deco, M4 also experience the same problem (after update) with no connection preference option which previously there were option for this. All the deco will only connect directly to the main deco, unlike previously any new deco can connect to the nearest active deco. I need the connection preferences to manually select to the closest deco for at least to achieve the fair signal rather than no signal at all. Currently, only deco M5 still have this option but not enough to cover the area as the main deco is located distant. Looking forward for solution on this.

Regards,

Mus

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X68 - connection preference option
2022-12-19 12:37:13

@Mustaqim 

As of today, preferred connection is available for the following Deco models:

Deco M5
Deco M9 Plus
Deco M4 (hardware V4)
Deco X50 (hardware V1)
Deco X55 (hardware V1)

Consider returning Deco X68s and replacing them with Deco X50/X55.

Just note that X68 is tri-band, while X50/X55 is not, which means you might see slower WiFi speeds on Satellite X50/X55 comparing with X68.

For Deco M4, if you happened to have them on hardware V4, you can update them with beta firmware that has preferred connection option, from here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/581554

Options
2023-04-04 17:34:47

Will the preference option be available in future software update?

Options
2023-06-10 09:58:23

@Mustaqim 

I advise anyone before buying a TP link Deco product is to look at the products support page , the one that lists the firmware currently available and check if new features are being added ( connection preference- basic feature to be honest)  etc or even the last time the device received an update. 

Even more confusing is the fact that you can have the same product sold under the same name but can have different hardware versions 1.0, 2.0 which potentially has different features. 

TP link are very very slow at firmware updates on still very current products. 

Options
2023-06-22 04:46:55
+1 for this feature. crazy it's listed as a mesh network but it only supports a star configuration.
Options