App report devices connected to guest network!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-19 17:35:04 - last edited 2022-12-20 06:59:55
Tags: #Deco App
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

Hi,

Today morning I received multiple notifications from the Deco app that new devices have joined my network, and all the devices were known devices that were already in the network. So I ignored those messages. Then when I checked, I noticed a bunch of devices (including the ones in those notifications) are shown under the "Guest" tab in the app, which indicates, according to the app those devices have joined the guest network. My guest network has a different SSID, and password, and these devices do not have the credentials to join the guest network. Also, two laptops that are shown by the app as connected to the guest network are actually connected to the main network.

What's going on?

Deco app version 3.1.4

See screenshots

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:App report devices connected to guest network!-Solution
2022-12-20 04:16:08 - last edited 2022-12-20 06:59:55

@David-TP 

Thanks. I just got help from the support team. I restarted all the Decos according to the instructions from the agent, but also deleted the android app storage for the app including all the cache and credentials. After that everything seems to be fine. I think it is the app that was misbehaving, not the Decos.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:App report devices connected to guest network!
2022-12-20 03:44:03

@manjulapra 

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you made any changes to the Deco network, like a Deco APP upgrade, or a new device join-in?

Could you please help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

" I noticed a bunch of devices (including the ones in those notifications) are shown under the "Guest" tab in the app, which indicates, according to the app those devices have joined the guest network. My guest network has a different SSID, and password, and these devices do not have the credentials to join the guest network. "

Are "those devices", like the two laptops actually connected to the main network but APP said they were connected to the guest network?

Have you checked the wireless settings on those devices individually? 

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:App report devices connected to guest network!-Solution
2022-12-20 04:16:08 - last edited 2022-12-20 06:59:55

@David-TP 

Thanks. I just got help from the support team. I restarted all the Decos according to the instructions from the agent, but also deleted the android app storage for the app including all the cache and credentials. After that everything seems to be fine. I think it is the app that was misbehaving, not the Decos.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 318

Replies: 2

Tags

Deco App
Related Articles