Can't Connect To Any Wireless Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-21 18:19:04
Tags: #Windows 10
Model: Archer TX20U Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Bought this AX1800 Archer TX20U Plus after building a new desktop that didn't have a built in adapter on the motherboard. I installed the driver and then restarted my computer, but when I tried to connect after a restart it says "Can't connect to this network". I tried using WPS as well and then it told me "Can't get security details, try using security key instead". I tried inputting a manual IPv4 and IPv6 address, including DNS but it didn't work so I reverted the settings to automatic. I then tried uninstalling the driver and installing the one from the website but the result was the same. I've rebooted many times already and nothing has changed. I don't understand why it doesn't work with my desktop because it works perfectly fine with my laptop.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't Connect To Any Wireless Network
2022-12-21 21:20:34

@Ken_Zen3 

Hi,

I can't speak about the Archer TX20U Plus in particular, because I don't own this model.

But I can tell you the following story. A while ago I bought an AX1800 USB Wi-Fi adapter made by another vendor. It is based on the same Realtek 8832AU chip as yours and hence uses the same driver software. The computer I intended to use it with is based on AMD hardware (Ryzen CPU and B450 chipset). But I've never got it to work. I am seeing the exact same behavior as you've described. Everything appears to be installed properly, but upon trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network Windows says that it can't connect.
I have tried any suitable driver package I could find, tried all of the different USB ports (USB2.0, USB3 5Gbps, USB3 10Gbps) and even updated the BIOS of the computer to the latest version, but no luck.

To crosscheck whether this AX1800 USB Wi-Fi adapter was defective or not I installed it on another computer that is based on Intel hardware and, lo and behold, the USB Wi-Fi adapter worked fine, just like one would expect it to.

So, in case you find a solution outside of this TP-Link forum, then I would be really thankful if you could still share it here, because it might also work for me.

Options
2022-12-22 07:03:46

@Ken_Zen3 

The issue you reported seems a known issue that has been addressed by TP-Link. You can check the solutions they provided in the following thread:

[Solution] Archer TX20U Plus cannot connect to the network

Hope it works for you.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-22 08:59:31

Select the Start button > Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Open Network & Internet Status settings.
Under Change your network settings, select Network troubleshooter.
Follow the steps in the troubleshooter, and see if that fixes the problem.

Hope This Works,
Peter

Options