Deco X50 as access point and a router TL-R605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X50 as access point and a router TL-R605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Deco X50 as access point and a router TL-R605
2023-01-02 10:51:53

@Kaneco do not keep reducing the lease time on devices, as this will guarantee network issues - if you are using for home then usually a 24 hour period is fine, for work you could try a lease of 4 hours or 8 hours depending on working hours.

the lower you have the lease time the more disconnections you will likely get and run out of ip addresses quickly

Options
2023-01-02 14:40:01

mirdragon wrote

@Kaneco do not keep reducing the lease time on devices, as this will guarantee network issues - if you are using for home then usually a 24 hour period is fine, for work you could try a lease of 4 hours or 8 hours depending on working hours.

the lower you have the lease time the more disconnections you will likely get and run out of ip addresses quickly

@mirdragon 

Reducing DHCP Lease Time is perfectly valid recommendation for troubleshooting purposes, which is what this conversation about. 

Options
2023-01-02 17:46:23

@Alexandre. 

The most annoying situation that I have always, is when I change the zone of coverage of the some deco satellite, I need to turn off turn ON the wi-fi on Mobile device in order to gain access to the network.

Because if I don't made any action the wi-fi access doesn't work the network is connected ( in settings ) But the network doesn't wok even the local access or the Internet access is always appear as limited in a popup.

By the way in must of cases I'm talking about a few meters 2 or 3 in visible light to the router/satellite  

Even with these changes made

Thank you and best regards 

Options
2023-01-03 01:27:12

Kaneco wrote

@Alexandre. 

The most annoying situation that I have always, is when I change the zone of coverage of the some deco satellite, I need to turn off turn ON the wi-fi on Mobile device in order to gain access to the network.

Because if I don't made any action the wi-fi access doesn't work the network is connected ( in settings ) But the network doesn't wok even the local access or the Internet access is always appear as limited in a popup.

@Kaneco 

This is, obviously, not how WiFi mesh is supposed to work. Device should seamlessly roam between WiFi mesh nodes. By any chance, the "Mobile device" you mentioned, is it from Samsung brand?

Options
2023-01-03 06:04:43

@Alexandre. 

I know this happens with the Samsung S20FE5G. I usually have to turn wifi off then on again for WiFi calling to work. Never had this with Deco M5 or other systems.

Options
2023-01-03 08:33:01

@Alexandre. 

No it's not a Samsung device, I'm talking about Xiaomi Devices, one IPhone, and also a Dell , HP laptops and a Fire tablet and a few some other brands related to a smart Home...
It's hard to understand the route cause in my option once there is not padrone...

And by the way once the network goes to the 2,4Ghz band the network is so so slow in must cases appear the message that your network is limited without internet access.

Thank you for your support and best regards

Options
2023-01-03 16:02:26

@Alexandre. 

For your information 

The message that I'm talking about is this one... 

Options
2023-01-03 16:09:06

Kaneco wrote

@Alexandre. 

For your information 

The message that I'm talking about is this one... 

@Kaneco 

Got it, but that is beyond what I can help with. Sorry...

Options
2023-01-03 18:02:13

@Alexandre. 

First of all thank you for your time and for your support!
Once this is the oficial comunity forum for support related to the Tp-link devices, can you please let me know if i can address this to other menber? 

Thank you and best regards

Options
2023-01-06 10:39:07

@Kaneco Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience. 

Also Great Thanks to Alexandre for all your suggestionsyes.

After checking the chat record, I would like to follow up on your case via email in case I need to consult with the senior engineers.

Please check whether you have got an email from me and help me check the details in the email.

Thank you again.

best regards.

Options