Older Apple devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Older Apple devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Older Apple devices
Older Apple devices
2022-12-30 00:22:23
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10 Build 20221102 Rel. 66085

I switched from another vendors Wifi 5 to a set of Deco X50.  Most of my devices have no problems, including simple IoT ESP32 devices.

An original iPad 1 with IOS 5.11 is unable to connect. This device was connected to my previous device running WPA2, which the iPad supports. The error I receive is the password is incorrect, but I know it is correct. 

The Deco X50 is setup in Access Point Mode, 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz WPA2/WPA3 Personal, Fast Roaming Disabled, and Beamforming Enabled (tested Disabled with no change).

I would appreciate any troubleshooting options. I am still within the warranty period as I ask this, so looking for a resolution. 

The Model on the bottom show Deco X50(US) Ver: 1.0, so I expect this reflects the V1 hardware. Seeing that I just bought it, I question Amazon/TPLink if this are truly a V1 unit.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Older Apple devices
2022-12-30 02:49:01

@ericl.ca 

Hi, have you checked whether there would be any special characters, such as blank spaces, or quotes that could not be recognized by the old iPad?

If possible, It is also suggested to enable the guest network with a simple password, only letters and numbers maybe to see whether the iPad could connect or not.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles