Viewing Saved Video Files on Camera SD Card using Tapo app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-01 21:49:26
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Another little rant from me about my c320ws camera. I've now inserted an SD card, the app shows it recording constantly in the schedule. I want to view the files but it seems there is no way to do this from the app? From what I have read you need to remove the card from the camera and use a computer to view them? If this is the case then this is totally bonkers! Even the cheap camera this replaced was capable of remote viewing of files on the SD card. 

So I've just paid £15 for a new SD card that I can't see the video on unless I go through the rigmarole of unscrewing the tiniest of screws( which I'll surely drop and lose), remove it, find a PC which I don't have and view them on the PC. Ridiculous!

As each day passes since I installed this camera I'm becoming more infuriated with it. 

Someone please tell me I'm wrong about this camera. 

Regards 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Viewing Saved Video Files on Camera SD Card using Tapo app?
2023-01-03 01:28:22

@Frenchbob 

You should be able to view recording in the SD card from the Playback and Memory in your app?

How can I view 24-hour recordings of Tapo cameras in Tapo app?

Playback are recordings that are saved in SD card, Memory is the manually -saved recordings.

Options
Re:Viewing Saved Video Files on Camera SD Card using Tapo app?
2023-01-04 17:26:00

@Little_C 

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought,  but I never saw any thumbnails of videos there. I looked again and see that there is like a timeline that you can scroll back or forward and I think that brings up a video clip for that time. Would that be it? I was expecting to see a load of thumbnails like down in the cloud storage. Regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2016

Replies: 2

Related Articles