Deco M5 keeps hanging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 keeps hanging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 keeps hanging
Deco M5 keeps hanging
2023-01-04 11:26:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

I have 3 x Deco M5's connected to my Home Network.  One is hardwired to my ISP's Router/Modem the 2nd is in the hallway (about 6 Meters away) and the 3rd is in the 1st floor bedroom about 6 meters away from the hallway Deco M5. These were installed in October 2019 and have been working perfectly, since installing the latest firmware the Mesh system keeps hanging (red light flashing on Hallway and Bedroom Deco's) and the only way to bring the Mesh Network back online is to power Off/On each Deco M5.

I have setup a schedule to reboot the network every morning at 3am but this hasn't fixed the problem.  I have also deleted the network, factory reset each device and run the setup again for a new network but again this hasn't fixed the problem.

I have run out of my technical knowledge so any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 keeps hanging
2023-01-05 03:41:12

@ChrisRW 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Just in case there is something wrong with the original main M5, have you tried to switch to a different unit as the main Deco?

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco

If the satellite Deco M5 kept turning red and dropped the connection, Please refer to the private message to install the debug firmware to see whether it helped improve the stability.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-05 09:18:32

@David-TP  I'll give this a try and will let you know within 48 hours to see if this fixes the problem.

Options
2023-01-07 08:50:16

@ChrisRW I factory reset all 3 Deco M5's which ultimately removed my network, I then physically moved the main Deco M5 from the study to the hallway, the hallway M5 to the bedroom and the bedroom M5 to the study, I then setup each device to a new network and am pleased to report my internet connectivity has returned to normal.  Why this worked I have no idea so if anybody has the answer why this worked, I would be extremely grateful for an explanation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 300

Replies: 3