Ac 1200 as Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ac 1200 as Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ac 1200 as Access Point
Ac 1200 as Access Point
2023-01-04 13:41:02
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I buy a AC1200 to extend the range of my Home Wifi connection.
The AC1200 is connected to my Modem via a TPLink CPL device.  
I would like to know how I can configure it so it has the same name as my original Wifi (given by my operator's modem).

Actually, it has a TPlink name but I wanted to see only one Wifi Name.  is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ac 1200 as Access Point
2023-01-05 07:50:41

@Benjamin19838 

Is the exact model Archer C1200? You may check it by verifying it on the device's bottom label.

TP-Link currently only has some models that support EasyMesh, which allows you to connect the router to another EasyMesh router wirelessly to build a mesh network. You can read this thread to understand how EasyMesh works.

With TP-Link Onemesh, you can only connect the Onemesh routers together with their range extenders or powerline extenders, it cannot build Onemesh network with other brands. But you can still try to create the same SSID and password on the routers, then the client device will choose the one with a better signal automatically.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 1

Related Articles